A change of heart, Scubapro D420

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve been thinking about adding a 70 degree fixed swivel (like ten bucks on DGX) to my backup second to alleviate the awkward hanging direction and let me use a shorter hose. Have you ever tried it? Also getting an omniswivel sent over so I’ll have that on my @buddhasummer G250v primary and the 70 degree on my C370 backup. Feel like I’ve got a nice setup now...if only I could go diving...

I’ve been thinking about adding a 70 degree fixed swivel (like ten bucks on DGX) to my backup second to alleviate the awkward hanging direction and let me use a shorter hose. Have you ever tried it? Also getting an omniswivel sent over so I’ll have that on my @buddhasummer G250v primary and the 70 degree on my C370 backup. Feel like I’ve got a nice setup now...if only I could go diving...

I hope that you're getting the Omniswivel 2.0.

I’ve been thinking about adding a 70 degree fixed swivel (like ten bucks on DGX) to my backup second to alleviate the awkward hanging direction and let me use a shorter hose.

They do exactly that. I'm assuming you mean for a necklaced backup. I also have one on my primary second stage's 40inch hose that routes under my arm-very comfortable.

I haven’t don’t a swivel on the necklace back up, it’s easier to just tie a shorter necklace but these silicone ones are easy. I prefer a longer hose for those times I actually use the back up like when testing it for a while.

If you are anywhere near Simon you may be able to get in a dive.

How can you tell between models?
If memory serves, this was an issue only when certain swivels were used with certain full face masks, the standard one you would likely be getting should be fine.

I thought his job was making stuff for us?
The problem solving is usually the reward in it's self! Though if it's my job.... I need to start charging more, lol.
A bonus is the James79 adjuster, going along with Robs observation of the sealing ability of the soft seat I have been able to adjust the cracking effort to near “0” on the fly/swim, I have it sitting in a bucket of water pressurized and the is, so far none of the bubbling that it had before. It does seem to seal better with time and use so that I can lessen the spring pressure even more on each dive. James, you may want to apply for a patent on the adjuster so you can sell it to SP!
I'm glad that it's a useful addition, rather than a solution in search of a problem! Rather than involve the Company, I think I'll just make them for whomever needs one. That reminds me that I need to print and send some of the most recent pin portion to a couple people....

Respectfully,

James

Scubapro C370. Underrated reg.

Yes, I was just making sure. It is a great performer, all the recreational diver needs. I have brought in few of them for use with the training fleet, I was so impressed with it and started using it.

I use and like the Kirby Morgan ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom