PLBs Can Save Your Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. I placed an order. Don't have high hopes but I guess you never know.
I ordered one too. It is either a scam or a mistake. If the former, I'll let PayPal take care of it for me. If the latter, perhaps we can negotiate.

I finally got my payment page to work. Anyone else who tried have that problem? I doubt that it will go thru but I am too curious. If it fails, I am protected.

I finally got my payment page to work. Anyone else who tried have that problem? I doubt that it will go thru but I am too curious. If it fails, I am protected.
just placed an order too

Worth a flyer

just placed an order too

Worth a flyer
I doubt that they will ship them. I guess at worst a dispute on payment.

I found the 425 (display version) on a site called NineOutlets.com (now disappeared) last summer for $70. I bought using PP - no way was I giving them my CC info directly. They even sent a bogus USPS tracking # to me through PP.
Never got it. They never responded to any of my emails. PP eventually credited me.

I would be concerned that it is potentially a CC info stealing operation ... You may not be liable, but it is a PITA if your card needs to be replaced, especially if you have it on file with "real" providers.

ETA:
from Coatien ...
Nebraska Address
Alabama Area Code
Shipping pages is all about UK delivery

smells like a slapped-together honeypot.

At least NineOutlets had the guts to list contact info in China ... I figured maybe they were refurbs, blems, etc.

I found the 425 (display version) on a site called NineOutlets.com (now disappeared) last summer for $70. I bought using PP - no way was I giving them my CC info directly. They even sent a bogus USPS tracking # to me through PP.
Never got it. They never responded to any of my emails. PP eventually credited me.

I would be concerned that it is potentially a CC info stealing operation ... You may not be liable, but it is a PITA if your card needs to be replaced, especially if you have it on file with "real" providers.
Which is exactly why I use PayPal to buffer me from these scumbags.

Which is exactly why I use PayPal to buffer me from these scumbags.
I did, but Paypal recently canceled me. No reason was given, and I can't imagine one. I tried to deal with it, but no joy. I've since read that they have done such to others. My Paypal Mastercard was my go-to payment choice with its 2% cash rebate, but I've stopped using it now and waiting for my new Citibank 2% rebate card to arrive. I have a hotel stay in July prepaid with my Paypal card so just leaving it open until I see if I go or cancel with refund.

I ordered one too. It is either a scam or a mistake. If the former, I'll let PayPal take care of it for me. If the latter, perhaps we can negotiate.
That's the approach I took. Paypal is very slow to resolve problems but they do eventually resolve them. Even better, they don't charge a fee like a brick-n-mortar bank does for chargebacks. I ordered two of them.

The website contact email is:coatien@outlook.com
Their paypal account: leedorthy4@gmail.com

I did, but Paypal recently canceled me. No reason was given, and I can't imagine one. I tried to deal with it, but no joy. I've since read that they have done such to others. My Paypal Mastercard was my go-to payment choice with its 2% cash rebate, but I've stopped using it now and waiting for my new Citibank 2% rebate card to arrive. I have a hotel stay in July prepaid with my Paypal card so just leaving it open until I see if I go or cancel with refund.
Yeah paypal is infamous for that. Not that bad when you're a consumer using paypal as a middle man. I've heard of businesses foolish enough to treat paypal like a bank. Then, when paypal decided arbitrarily to close their account all the money in that account is forfeited. Some stories I've read claim that paypal stole hundreds of thousands in this manner.

I ordered one of each model, separately.
The paypal address was different for the two orders:
upload_2020-5-16_15-0-20.png

upload_2020-5-16_15-0-46.png

I expect all are fake and its a scam, but if I only get one it is still a good deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom