Shelter in Place Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Almost afraid to ask, but what is his other hand doing?

DW
It changes from time to time ;-)

For folks in the Midwest who want to get wet...

White Star and Gilboa quarries in NW Ohio are open. White Star is a county park and the bathrooms and such are not open. There is a portapotty or two. Gilboa is a private quarry, so all facilities are open.

Wazee Lake in WI is open. Bathrooms and such are closed, as well as campground, but park is open for day use. Wazee is a Jackson County park.

I'm off to White Star in a couple of weeks, and Wazee in mid-May.

Closest I can get to wreck diving these days. Photo credits: EdC

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 47
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 52
Well, I bought a pool for my kids... Shelter in place is still in place which means no one to watch our kids. 1 hour in the new pool. Had a small leak in left glove that will need to be repaired. I forgot I adjusted the harness for my wife so it was large on me. Tank bands weren't tight enough. Water was 52 degrees Fahrenheit with the air around the same.

We just got a hot tub a few weeks ago. I am trying to convince my wife that I need to buy my scuba kit so I can keep it clean and pick up every grain of sand from the bottom.

Was up to Wazee Lake in WI this past weekend for tech class dives. There were other folks up there diving as well. Back up to Wazee this weekend with a friend. Practice for me.

Our local quarry (Haigh) opens 6/1. Bunch of us are planning on going out opening day. Several people are taking the day off work.

I've got the ocean within walking distance on three sides of me - so I've been fortunate to be able to continue diving during the pandemic. Not wanting to take significant risks, we (my buddy and I) do it all from the shore, at well known easy to navigate sites with lots of parking and open spaces for set up, while keeping the depths shallow and the diving easy and relaxed. No one has said anything to us, or even given us a sidelong glance. And, really, where I live we've been able to continue to go outside for exercise - hiking, cycling, running, etc. - so diving really doesn't stand out.

Was up to Wazee Lake in WI this past weekend for tech class dives. There were other folks up there diving as well. Back up to Wazee this weekend with a friend. Practice for me.

Jealous. We were supposed to be at Wazee memorial day weekend for three days of diving but my inlaws are not comfortable watching our kids during the current pandemic. :( I know it is for the best, but it is still disappointing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom