Multiple deaths diving off NC coast May 10, 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

upload_2020-5-11_18-25-6.png

So much to be thankful for

I dive with my wife, son, and daughter whenever I have the opportunity. We all dived together last October in Bonaire, priceless.

Thank you. Everyone has a right to their opinion...that said I've been dive traveling with my wife for 20+ years and it is absolutely one of the VERY BEST things to ever happen to me. It's been a joy to share the world above and below the water.

It's always sad when bad things happen...but sometimes bad things happen. You still have to live life while you can. All IMHO, YMMV.

Many years ago I was enrolled in basic anatomy class. On the wall behind the professors lectern in large printing was the following statement which I have never forgotten after so many years
~~~~ "We learn from the dead : Virchow" ~~~~
Our professor who was one of the all time greats gave a very moving lecture about the treating of the deceased with great respect and dignity as you would a dear friend who had passed away.

There will many present and future comments made by the members of the diving community
Some will be from local divers others from distant places; some will be comforting others , painful to read, but the diving community all need to learn so the same mistakes are never ever repeated .
Divers every where, young - old experienced and beginners will always need to search for answers and always have question when ? where ? and always why ? But please only with greatest dignity and respect for those who have departed and are no longer a member of our diving community

I extend to the families of the unnamed deceased couple my most sincere heart felt condolences on their great loss .

Dr, Samuel Miller, 111

That is a bit informative. They never made it to the surface. No one else saw them in trouble apparently but there were at most 4 other divers. There are several explanations but it narrows down what happened. Whether there was air still in one or both tanks could be helpful in reconstructing what happened,

That is a bit informative. They never made it to the surface. No one else saw them in trouble apparently but there were at most 4 other divers. There are several explanations but it narrows down what happened. Whether there was air still in one or both tanks could be helpful in reconstructing what happened,

Ah yea. Contaminated fill?

I am the admin at Graveyard Hunters that made the original post on Sunday as the news came over the VHF.
It was requested that the post be removed until the official investigation could be done and we complied with the request.

Thanks for the update. It at least quells the inevitable rumors that the FB group is keeping secrets among its own members.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom