Your favourite Cozumel dive site, and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paradise is actually my favorite site when there aren’t too many boats there Beginner dive, but I always see quite a bit of life there when it isn’t crowded. Nice long relaxing dive Can’t remember how many times advanced divers have given me grief for requesting Paradise before the dive but apologized after having a great dive with a lot of marine life.

Cedral (including the wall) probably my second favorite. Almost Always have good luck with sea life (especially green morays and nurse sharks )

Maracaibo Deep would be third favorite. The wall slopes back slightly towards the island around 200 feet (might be partly an optical illusion but it certainly looks that way). Makes you feel like you are truly exploring another world. I don’t really do that deep stuff anymore but used to love it (required multiple tanks and a lot of mandatory deco stops, so don’t try it on a single AL80 )

Columbia shallows, after a deep dive like Punta Sur, Columbia deep or Maricaibo, it's like a walk in your favorite park, bright, colorful, slow current,easy to stop and look, lots of nooks and crannies, a loads of bt.

It is hard to pick a favorite, it changes every so often. A couple not mentioned yet are San Juan, and Punta Sur. I love San Juan when you reach the rolling mounds of finger coral. Then at Punta Sur, a little south of DT, two Januaries in a row we saw 6 eagle rays at almost a stand still flying in formation.

I'll go against the grain, best dive I've had is Barracuda. An hour Mr Toads Wild Ride with Reef Sharks, Nurse Sharks, a few Eagle Rays, Morays and all the usual reef fish. I will exchange the longer dive for the excitement. I've not had a chance to dive the North End, look forward to the opportunity.

Barracuda IS one of the North End sites. https://flic.kr/p/MYxCDZ

Columbia Deep followed by Columbia Shallow on a Fast Boat from Dive Paradise. Makes a great last day of a trip. No surface interval required and a second dive that lasts as long as your air does. Added bonus, we've had snorkelers above us at least a half dozen times, 3 times, I'd swear they were from the Swedish Bikini Team. Final bonus of that combo is that you're done diving and have the first beer going down before noon.

Cedral wall, Santa Rosa, Palancar...
This is not a fair question. It is like asking who is your favorite child. Love them all :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom