Global shortage of helium?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Around mid 2019 I was unable to get even 300cf of helium now mid way through 2020 I am able to order as much as I want and my suppliers are saying there is no shortage for our area (great lakes). I believe some more helium projects have started up in recent months..

This is encouraging to hear. What are helium prices and availability looking like in other areas? Anyone?

$1.80/cuft in the San Francisco bay area.

Nice pricing.
What is the cost of He from Air Liquid, PraxAir and other suppliers, instead of the retail price at dive shops.

Michael

Nice pricing.
What is the cost of He from Air Liquid, PraxAir and other suppliers, instead of the retail price at dive shops.

Michael
about $475 for 300cf at my welding gas supplier (which is reselling Praxair- they wont sell to me direct)

Should be a lot cheaper in FL for you

God thats expensive!
The last time I bought helium, last year, I was paying @ $160 for 480cuft at Air Liquid which lists me as a specialty welding shop.
Thats in Germany and includes 19% sales tax.

Michael

God thats expensive!
The last time I bought helium, last year, I was paying @ $160 for 480cuft at Air Liquid which lists me as a specialty welding shop.
Thats in Germany and includes 19% sales tax.

Michael
My prices have doubled in the past year

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom