Quiz - Recreational Dive Planner™ - Total Minutes

A diver plans to do three dives using minimum surface intervals. See question on Post 1

• a. Metric 278 minutes - Imperial 240 minutes

• b. Metric 269 minutes - Imperial 231 minutes

• c. Metric 262 minutes - Imperial 229 minutes

• d. Metric 253 minutes - Imperial 220 minutes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only done one dive vacation (Panama) and it was $100US fpr each 2 tank dive. That was enough for me. There I did 2 or 3 night dives so those were my only 3 dive days in 15 years. 2 dives a day locally is enough--either get cold or bored.

In Philippines and some other countries like Indonesia you can get very cheaply priced dives. Around US$20 a dive and for some places that includes equipment rental. If you are doing boat dives certainly you would want to dive with a dive center. Those prices are in fact boat dives. Also if you are doing a lot of dives most dive centers have other discounts that apply as well. There are places where you can rent tanks and go diving with your dive buddies on shore dives. As you can see I like to dive this way. I like the fact I am on vacation dives over a period of two weeks or more.

DIVE TIMES.jpg

FWIW - my Wheel and +60 SI following dive #2 gives me 241

13 + 3 ss + 13 SI + 54 + 3 ss + 60 SI + 92 + 3 ss = 241

This has been a good challenge!
Does diving at 50' for 54 min after a 13 min SI after the 108' dive leave you in PG Z after the 50' dive?

Dive 1:
108' for 13 minutes PG after dive is I

SI 1 for 13 min leaving you in PG G after the SI

On Table 3 the values given for PG G for a 50' dive are:
RNT:26
ABT:54

You can do a dive with a bottom time of 54 min, but don't you have to add your residual nitrogen (26) to your dive time when you go back to table 1? This would give a time of 70 min on table 1, which leaves you in PG Z. This requires a 3 hour SI after the 50' dive.

Am I thinking of this incorrectly?

108 ft for 13 min puts you into I, you have a required 3 min SS because of depth.

A 12 min SI puts you into G and you do 50 ft for 54 min. This puts you into X (54+26=80 min). You have a required 3 min SS from the table.

Because you were in X, you have a minimum SI of 60 min, this puts you into I (you really just needed to be in K, 49 min). You do 40ft for 92 min and end up in Z (92+40=132 min) You have a required 3 min SS from the table.

There would be a required 3 hr SI before a 4th dive because you were in Z

13+3+12+54+3+60+92+3=240 min

I initially did not include the 1 hr SI after being in X and, incorrectly, chose 229 min as my answer.

108 ft for 13 min puts you into I, you have a required 3 min SS because of depth.

A 12 min SI puts you into G and you do 50 ft for 54 min. This puts you into X (54+26=80 min). You have a required 3 min SS from the table.

Because you were in X, you have a minimum SI of 60 min, this puts you into I (you really just needed to be in K, 49 min). You do 40ft for 92 min and end up in Z (92+40=132 min) You have a required 3 min SS from the table.

I initially did not include the 1 hr SI after being in X and, incorrectly, chose 229 min as my answer.
The eRDPml beeps at you to remind you of the SS and also the WXYZ rule. However, you have to find the 12 min SI after the first dive by trial and error...you can't "work it backwards" like you can with the tables.

The eRDPml beeps at you to remind you of the SS adn also the WXYZ rule. However, you have to find the 12 min SI after the first dive by trial and error...you can't "work it backwards" like you can with the tables.
:) The tables did not beep me to remind me of the rule..and, I did not read the rules at the bottom of table 3

Exactly what I got on the RDP table version. Mine don't beep either. :)

If you guys need a beeping table, you'll have to pay a monthly subscription fee. PADI is going down the Adobe route. [/SARCASM]

ahh, I see it now. I had some errors in my reply I posted above (z instead of X, etc) I guess that’s what happens when looking at spreadsheets all day for work and then try to use a pdf of the dive tables. Too easy to go cross eyed and confuse lines on tables.

thanks for the clarification.

Well, if you don't want to use a table/RDP, the wheel/eRDPml, or a pay the money for a dive computer, you can use the Automatic Decompression Meter. I've heard a couple of old timers refer to it as the bendomatic device.
scubapro-vintage-bend-matic_1_b68674001c437cf3923c85c648e13312.jpg

Back
Top Bottom