Delta Air Lines Closing Cozumel Station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those fares on American are actually pretty reasonable for flights out of Detroit. We don’t get the cheap flights everyone seems to get from Texas.

I am aware of the American flights through Charlotte and Dallas and have taken them before. I strongly prefer flying into CZM, but I also strongly prefer not flying American. Its on-time performance and overall service have not been very good. People I know who are high-status American frequent fliers say so, including one who is very loyal because there is an American pilot in the family. When we are not in a pandemic, I fly a lot on business, so I have miles and status with Delta, which I often use for trips to CZM. That’s one of the other reasons to consider Delta to CUN, which I have also done before.

As I said, this is very disappointing for me. I had a very good situation with a direct flight from DTW to CZM on an airline with which I had status and could often use miles. If Delta’s not flying into CZM anymore, it’s not a major disaster, but it is less convenient.

I hope it is apparent that I am familiar with the routes to CZM and know how to find and book a flight, which is is something I do all the time. I also know how to take the ADO bus, book a private transfer, get to the ferry and over to Cozumel.

A friend left Coz a few hours ago on American to DFW. Only two passengers on the flight!

Dave Dillehay

Those fares on American are actually pretty reasonable for flights out of Detroit. We don’t get the cheap flights everyone seems to get from Texas.

I am aware of the American flights through Charlotte and Dallas and have taken them before. I strongly prefer flying into CZM, but I also strongly prefer not flying American. Its on-time performance and overall service have not been very good. People I know who are high-status American frequent fliers say so, including one who is very loyal because there is an American pilot in the family. When we are not in a pandemic, I fly a lot on business, so I have miles and status with Delta, which I often use for trips to CZM. That’s one of the other reasons to consider Delta to CUN, which I have also done before.

As I said, this is very disappointing for me. I had a very good situation with a direct flight from DTW to CZM on an airline with which I had status and could often use miles. If Delta’s not flying into CZM anymore, it’s not a major disaster, but it is less convenient.

I hope it is apparent that I am familiar with the routes to CZM and know how to find and book a flight, which is is something I do all the time. I also know how to take the ADO bus, book a private transfer, get to the ferry and over to Cozumel.

We are a long way from getting out from under this pandemic. IMO, no one is going to Cozumel any time soon, and Delta likely could start Cozumel flights up again as easily as stopping them. The best we can do at this point is to speculate on what options will be available when travel there starts up again.

Agreed. It’s all pretty much hypothetical at this point. My job has been about 95% dealing with pandemic implications for the last few months, and I keep saying that there is a lot we just don’t know yet and that we will not have a quick return to business as usual.

The harder it gets to get to CZM, just may be a win for those that will continue to visit :wink:

Okee dokee.

I used to have a multi-million mile standing with Delta and always liked them, but they pulled out of west Texas several years back. I am not a fan of American or United, actually, I am quite a critic, but they usually get me where I want to go. It generally beats driving anyway, for destinations more than 500 miles from my home anyway. I'd rather fly either into Cozumel than any airline into Cancun, but to each his own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom