My Research Note For Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Extremely comprehensive & very valuable. Even for someone who has been there several to many times. Thanks

Just getting back to this, I’m humbled by your reference to my Delphins review. I’m planning a jailbreak from this quarantine just as soon as Bonaire opens up.

Thanks so much for the great information. We are planning out a trip this December with a group of 6-8 divers. They are either going to stay at Buddy's or Captain Don's. Saw your report on Buddy's. Do you have any thoughts/advice/comments on Captain Don's?

Captain Don's and Buddy Dive are next to each other and share the same stretch of excellent house reef. Both have good dive ops and comparable rooms and services. Both have easy access to house reef and to their dive boats. Toss a coin re preference. The only advantages of Buddy Dive are the on site truck rental and the drive through tank station. I.E "Drive and Dive Package"

My personal preference is Buddy dive by a small margin as I can book room and truck together as opposed to a la carte.

There are many accommodation diving and truck rental options on Bonaire and they all seem to have their strong advocates. IMO, you can't go far wrong with Captain Dons or Buddy Dive.

We were just there in January and stayed a week at Buddy's but ate 2 meals at Captain Dons. Our group was two mid-50's couples, no kids, and we thought the vibe at Buddy's was much friendlier and the service was much better. Also, the drive through tank swap/wash station was great. We had no complaints at Buddy's. Captain Don's by contrast seemed very unfriendly and they acted like they were doing us a great favor by allowing us to buy their overpriced food and drinks, if you could even get service. We also had great service at about 10 other places we went on the island, but definitely not Captain Dons on Sunday or Thursday nights.

Hethen, good to know. I haven't stayed there for several years and appreciate the more recent feedback. I hate when people in the service industry act surly. Given that this occurred on two separate occasions it cannot be put down to someone just having one bad night.

Dr Rich heading to Bonaire soon.

This is awesome Thanks for taking the time to put together

Captain Don's by contrast seemed very unfriendly and they acted like they were doing us a great favor by allowing us to buy their overpriced food and drinks, if you could even get service.

Agreed. Couldn't get a drink at our table so went to the bar. Couldn't get a drink at the bar because the bartender was too busy serving young women. Then I got pissy . . .

Back
Top Bottom