Road trip to FL to dive in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that their store decision or local restrictions?
Monroe County is closed until the state, state of emergency is lifted or this order is amended.

Attachments

• Second Amendment to ED 20-02 May 7. 2020 (1).pdf
    736.8 KB · Views: 49
Thanks. Disappointing but understandable. The isolation and limited access of the Keys makes it relatively easy for them to quarantine.

Thanks. Disappointing but understandable. The isolation and limited access of the Keys makes it relatively easy for them to quarantine.
Well, Monroe County isn't just the keys. It goes over to the south west coast too...

I personally don't understand why anyone would want to travel through the hot spots in Florida to get to the keys...

But I'm also happy to sit in my house, in Broward county too.

Hello. I'm currently in Georgia. It is currently mandated by county here. Most restaurants, are open for sit down meals. The beaches are open. Florida: There are no travel restrictions. Again, mostly mandated by county. I'm headed for the Jupiter area (Check out Tek Wreck.} and then on to Blue Grotto. Fred at Force-E Scuba in Riviera, Beach, Florida yesterday mentioned possible bad weather for this weekend. I was told Foster Park..( The Blue Heron Bridge.) was not open for diving. It's a beach
My recommendation: Call ahead to where you are going...each step. State Parks, Dive Shops, Maybe, even local Police, Hotels, Etc.
I don't foresee you having, any real problems. Best, I can do.
Cheers.

Well, Monroe County isn't just the keys. It goes over to the south west coast too...

I personally don't understand why anyone would want to travel through the hot spots in Florida to get to the keys...

But I'm also happy to sit in my house, in Broward county too.

I don't understand what the danger is in traveling inside my car with the windows up.

I don't understand what the danger is in traveling inside my car with the windows up.
Its not...

Its the gas stops, food stops and pee breaks :D

It looks like dive shops/boats are back in business in Florida starting May 1, and Airbnbs are accepting reservations as of that same date.

Is anyone aware of travel restrictions imposed by FL, or any state between the DC metro area and FL, that would prevent a road trip to FL to dive? The only restriction of which I am aware is that residents of the NY tri-state area are currently required to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arrival to FL. That list is subject to revision, of course, but at the moment I believe it only covers folks from those states.

I am not asking for advice on social distancing, or the general advisability of staying at home until a vaccine is found for the virus. I am only asking about legal barriers to travel, specifically by car, and to staying in FL for a few days of diving.

And potentially spreading Covid to how many people on this trip. Opening up does not mean safer. Its way more dangerous now than when the pandemic started. it was just arriving and spreading. Now its fully here everywhere. With zero vaccine. google spanish flu. the first wave was relatively small compared to the second wave. Thats when most of t he people died.

Why did they die? Country opened back up because of protesters arguing about quarantine and masks.

what happened next was a literal horror show.

History repeats itself.

Travelling across state lines back and forth gives you the chance to infect people and loved ones in multiple states.

oh yea....i get it...you didnt want to hear any of that but I have relatives over there and I dont want them dying.

I pay at the pump and keep my distance in the restrooms. That is getting to be a bit paranoid.

soooo, if you are midstream in a stall and a guy walks up to the stall next to you and starts coughing..... what do you do? im in wide open CA and even here all people are testing my social distancing because everyone is stupid wherever you live. people all walking up to pet my puppy even though i pull him away on the leash they keep walking up to me. landlord walks up to talk a foot away. people walk up to inches away when im getting the mail. sidewalk, no one makes way.

every single day people try to invade your space to within a single foot. no one cares. You think you can keep six feet? not a chance in hay if you on a trip. I am diligent and still with my backing away from everyone and them looking at me like hey im not sick stop being paranoid buddy....my point? not one single person around you cares if you live or die. serious. they dont care. as long as it doesnt happen to them they will risk killing everyone around them. and laugh and make jokes about it.

lots of people in their 50s are dying now. more in 60s. got slightly elevated blood pressure? increased risk, diabetes. smoker. asthma, if you get covid you can die.

He specifically said

"I am not asking for advice on social distancing, or the general advisability of staying at home until a vaccine is found for the virus. I am only asking about legal barriers to travel, specifically by car, and to staying in FL for a few days of diving."

Stay on topic. I'm sure there is place to Post your expert opinion on Xopid 77
Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom