Islander in Alexandria Bay — Open under Quarantine?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcs118

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all, before making the trip to dive the Islander, just wanted to make sure it is not being restricted due to the coronavirus/quarantine measures. Any insight would be great!

I know there have been divers there diving. Talked to one a few days ago. He was the only one in the lot and the ramp looked to be in good shape. GO FOR IT!!! Beware the currents, may be a little different than what you are used to, with the increased flows at Massena.

They trying to dump? How high are levels?

The level is OK, winds are reeking havoc with surges in water levels. I think the levels currently are good, but hey, what do I know??? Been busy trying to build a garage in between all the rain and, this weekend,,,SNOW!!!!!! Time to drag out the gear and see what up down under. Been waiting on getting the dive boat in, rebuilt the lower unit this winter and still haven't put it back on. And on top of that, scheduled for two projects, one in Georgia, and one in Ohio!!! Along with opening the cottages!!!!!Retired my butt!!!!!

As a follow-up, I did 3 dives on the Islander the other day. Conditions were good, with current fairly mild, temp 45F and viz around 20-25 ft.

As a follow-up, I did 3 dives on the Islander the other day. Conditions were good, with current fairly mild, temp 45F and viz around 20-25 ft.

Whats the parking situation like? I’ve never been there and don’t know what parking is available but I’ve read it gets crowded. Trying to do a day trip from Albany soon

upload_2020-5-22_13-17-57.png

upload_2020-5-22_13-19-8.png

and on street pay meters...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom