Dive Travel Poll

When will you start traveling to go diving?

• Within the next six months.

Votes: 72 47.7%
  • 6 months - 1 year

Votes: 57 37.7%
  • Beyond 1 year

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....I mean millions of people die every year from cancer and heart disease caused by tobacco... I truly believe natural disasters are more of an imminent threat to people's lives than the covid-19 virus in Indonesia...

That is such a lame comparison. The difference is the cancer and heart disease in some irresponsible, self-loathing, obese smoker isnt directly passed on to maybe kill my loved ones while in the grocery store.

Natural disasters... same lameness. One can choose to live outside of the hurricane band and the ring of fire... Covid19 is freaking everywhere.

That is such a lame comparison. The difference is the cancer and heart disease in some irresponsible, self-loathing, obese smoker isnt directly passed on to maybe kill my loved ones while in the grocery store.

Natural disasters... same lameness. One can choose to live outside of the hurricane band and the ring of fire... Covid19 is freaking everywhere.

Not a lame comparison when 2nd hand smoke causes the deaths of 5% of the millions that die each year, not their choice to smoke.

I think guns in America pose more of a threat to families in grocery stores than corona virus

Far from a lame comparison about natural disasters, especially in Indonesia. Floods, tsunamis, earthquakes, tornados and volcanic eruptions are quite common. You think millions of people that have lived generations and hundreds of years in the ring of fire are just gonna pack up and leave. Over a hundred million people in Indonesia just fortunate enough to make US $100 a month, don't think it's easy to just move from any natural disaster risk at any given time

Lame comparison would be accepting what the leader of the free world is saying...injecting disinfectants to overcome covid-19...yes this the reality we're in

Sad but true. November can't get here fast enough!

I can only hope for November!

Had an amazing November in Indo a couple of years back...seen Mola Mola in Bali, schooling hammerheads in Lombok and whaleshark in Sulawesi :thumb2:

But not yet for anything else than business trips with a letter of the company. Although of course many people will use it to get back to their hometowns for Idul Fitri.

Yes, certainly, millions will be wanting to get back to their hometowns for Idul Fitri

I think all the transportation resuming also includes people wanting to travel for emergency family issues. My gf trying to get back to Bandung ASAP because her close relative critically ill.

The Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi stated on 06/05/20 :

Even though inter-city public transportation will resume service, Mr Sumadi stated that the general public is still barred from returning to their hometowns and villages to celebrate Idul Fitri with their families.

Exceptions will only be made for people travelling due to “urgent family affairs”, such as attending funerals or tending to sick relatives, he added.

But not yet for anything else than business trips with a letter of the company. Although of course many people will use it to get back to their hometowns for Idul Fitri.

I hope this travel resumption will allow the millions of suffering workers to get back to earning a living for their families

I hope this travel resumption will allow the millions of suffering workers to get back to earning a living for their families
I am really not sure if that would make things not much worse. Maybe better be patient until 1th of June at least. And the very vulnerable have to be protected. People who are (or should be) on medication for diabetes, asthma, cancer and high bloodpressure for example. Looking at the numbers of a small country as Belgium is shocking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom