Old Boston Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul Old School

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone! Just learned about this forum and joined immediately. A little background... I was an avid diver back in the mid '70s, making hundreds of dives up and around Gloucester/Rockport MA. And yeah... my first regulator was a two hose US Divers (model long since forgotten)!! As life happened, dove less and less. Occasionally cleaning a friends pool or recovering something dropped off a dock... but nothing like in my mid 20's. Oddly enough, now in my 60's and my interest has been rekindled. Some friends have picked up the sport and now I'm picking up some gear and plan on diving this summer. I now have a boat (Mainship Pilot II, 30'), and we plan on diving from that. I have taken a refresher course and have a brand new PADI Open Water C card. Instructor said that I wasn't rusty at all !! Now familiar with BCD's (we used to use Mae West style "life vests"). I'll be posting questions about used gear. I doubt I'll be able to help with any other divers questions, unless they're about the "good-ole-days". Glad to be here. Already posted a question about the used US Divers "Select" model regulator I picked up. Looking forward to learning so much from the members here !

Hello, Paul. Welcome to Scubaboard.
Warning. Don't expect too much. I joined over the weekend, and didn't receive one reply. (Inconsequential, of course.)
Except from one of the staff. I've been on, and off here from the beginning.
Remember; This is the internet, and society is at it's worst.
I've dove U.S. Divers equipment for 20 years, and recently bought all new Apeks gear. I appreciate your zeal, and wanting to get back in the water. Message me, if I can be of any service.

Welcome, once the sites open let's get diving

Welcome to the forum! I am moving to Boston next month, and am always ready to dive if you are ever need a buddy!

Welcome!!

DW

Welcome. I did my first dive wading in at Nahant. We borrowed a friend’s brother’s rig, no card, no training. Somehow survived. Amazing what we Boomers lived to talk about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom