Non weight leg strengthening exercises suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can put a stability ball between you and the wall too. It’s a little easier on the wall than a skateboard!

But I'm looking for an excuse to rip that wall out too..:wink:

I’m doing stairs: step up then down then up,, chairs: sit-stand-sits,, and flats: laying on floor to do backward leg lifts, clamshells and bridges. Lots of daily stretches too, even while walking dog.

- Squats
- calf raises (+ walk through my appartement on the top of my toes when I think of it)
- lunges
- side to side lunges
(I use a 5kg or 8kg kettle bell to add resistance for the above exercises)
- side leg raises
- wall sits (with stability ball).
This is in fact my warm up before a run (Achilles heel get's easily injured if I don't warm up and stretch enough)

Burpees. Remember to explode from plank position to squat, get your feet under you outside your hands. Work those abs at the same time.

The up position of a push up

If you have no equipment handy do bodyweight squats for the best use of your time with wall squats previously described to then target your quads. Lunges are great too but my knees are shot from lifting heavy weights and sports so I cant do them.

If you have no equipment handy do bodyweight squats for the best use of your time with wall squats previously described to then target your quads. Lunges are great too but my knees are shot from lifting heavy weights and sports so I cant do them.

Mine too, two knee surgeries and my (in denial age) doesn't help.

Two words, bro…

Flutter kicks.

Four sets of 50 in a four count will get you supercharged underwater.

An instructor once described a proper squat as sitting your butt back as though you need to use a really disgusting porta-potty but you don’t want to touch it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom