Quiz - Equipment - Tank Valve Safety Device

A ___ is a safety device that is part of a tank valve that vents air if a tank becomes over pressuri

• a. pressure gauge

• b. O-ring

• c. burst disk

• d. J valve

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pedro Burrito

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
From the Equipment section of the PADI Dive Theory Exam:

A ___ is a safety device that is part of a tank valve that vents air if a tank becomes over pressurized.

a. pressure gauge

b. O-ring

c. burst disk

d. J valve

I will post a daily question from my exams to help newer divers and to encourage more experienced divers to interact gracefully and helpfully with the newer divers.

Reminder - this is a post in the Basic Forum and it is a green zone. Please be nice and on topic.

Thank you for your patience while we try to give people something to discuss other than Covid-19 and/or Politics. I will post the answer covered by the spoiler tag later today.

O, I hate to burst your pressure valve, but does this ring a bell?

J you, I talkin’ to you! Gauge your response accordingly.

A! B-Have. C what D’s guys say?

[Now, kidding aside, after we get the “textbook correct” ABCD answer, take a shot at the above pictured result of a catastrophic failure. Rules apply until extensive real-life anomalies get in the way. Get fired-up. Yes, the scientific forensic answer does exist....have a “crack” yourself...tanks,]

Answer E: _________________

Curious. What is the writing inside the tank?

No "pressure" to those getting ready to answer, but the first 20 people all responded the same!

Reactions: Doc
Curious. What is the writing inside the tank?

it relates the story of the night this tank got re-configured. It was written in magic marker and you are seeing it after 15+ years of UV and weather. It explains the where (Coco View) and the catalyst (a liveaboard fire), but the well explained technical explanation came along later.

The fire itself hardly woke anyone up, but the tank shattered windows and got everyone moving. The liveaboard was moored and no-one was aboard nor injured. Just a ripping good yarn came of it.

Kilroy was there, indeed. And so was Colonel Murphy. His law is incontrovertible.

But what of the OP question? A B C or D ?

I only knew the answer from browsing on SB. We don't have them in the UK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom