PSA: Water is still cold.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your the second person I've run into that uses a 5 up here rather than a 7

Yeah I've met a few, we all have different tolerances. Since I bought my 1st wet suit it has always been a farmer John style either 1/4" or later 7MM which is 1/2" 14mm on my core. If the water is low 60's -55F I put a 2MM hooded vest under the bottoms. The last 5 years I've also been putting a rash guard on before the suit.

Below 55F a 4MM crushed neoprene dry suit. Just an old wuss I guess!

On hot spring days I'm pretty warm by the time I get in the water.:roast:

Looks like FT W, FT Adams and Beavertail (and others) slated to be open this month with some new rules per RI State Park website.

Looks like FT W, FT Adams and Beavertail (and others) slated to be open this month with some new rules per RI State Park website.

What are the new rules?

I dove Van Zandt pier in Newport last Saturday (25 April) at low tide (1530ish). Nice dive with 15' viz and 47 F water temperature, 25' max depth, 55 minutes runtime.

King's Beach Fishing Area in Newport was reopened on Monday, 27 April because apparently it's considered federal property so the state had to rescind its block off. Hard to understand why that's so but nice to have it reopened. I did a dive there on Wednesday, 29 April at low tide (1830ish). Conditions were very good with some overcast. Viz was 15-20' in the seaweed carpets and 10-15' out by the island (seen in the upper left of the picture), water temperature was 49 F, 32' maximum depth, 63 minutes runtime. Lots of color around the seaweeds with plenty of small fish darting about. Very pretty dive.

KingsBeach042920.jpeg

With the forecast nice conditions for this weekend, I suspect that both of these sites will be rocking.

Is Kings open to CT residents or would I be thrown in the gulag upon crossing the state line?

Is Kings open to CT residents or would I be thrown in the gulag upon crossing the state line?

That and parking are the things us non RI residents are waiting to hear about. Technically if we go there we are violating the quarantine laws.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom