Camera Rig Grab Lanyard - Where to Attach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use this option. These connectors go in between the fist and second arm on my rig.
57631407-0515-4645-888D-AFEA918C5360.jpeg

So I use these two that I attach to my d-rings for "transit" and one of the telephone cord style ones that stays attached to my crotch strap d-ring whenever I'm in the water.

As for how they attach to the tray handles, the tray handles I have have a little attach point on the back of the handles.
View attachment 583404

Ok, so I am looking at that pic and I can't tell for the life of me where the attachment point actually is. I must be looking at it all wrong or something. I see where you've screwed something into the handle, maybe but I can't tell what (I think it's an optical illusion or something). Sorry, I appreciate you trying to help but that pic is just confusing me more!

Ok, so I am looking at that pic and I can't tell for the life of me where the attachment point actually is. I must be looking at it all wrong or something. I see where you've screwed something into the handle, maybe but I can't tell what (I think it's an optical illusion or something). Sorry, I appreciate you trying to help but that pic is just confusing me more!
Doesn't help that I grabbed the handle side with the trigger assembly attached. If I put a piece of paper over that to hide it, it should be more clear. See the hole on the upper left side? I just clip the bolt snap to that on each grip.

IMG_20200429_111258.jpg

Doesn't help that I grabbed the handle side with the trigger assembly attached. If I put a piece of paper over that to hide it, it should be more clear. See the hole on the upper left side? I just clip the bolt snap to that on each grip.

Ok, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for taking the time to do that, I really do appreciate it!
I think my grips are just a little different than yours but I believe I can still do something similar. I'll have to look at them tonight and see.

I have tried lots of attachment points but the nauticam clamp with the shackle has worked out the best. It makes it easy to carry on land, easy for crew to pass it down or retreive it , and if I have to swim a while underwater I can hold my rig securely and tuck it a little behind to reduce drag

I have tried lots of attachment points but the nauticam clamp with the shackle has worked out the best. It makes it easy to carry on land, easy for crew to pass it down or retreive it , and if I have to swim a while underwater I can hold my rig securely and tuck it a little behind to reduce drag

Like what @cruisekingkris showed in post#11, right? That does look nice but they sure are proud of them! At $58 each, I'm probably going to look for other options to start. Nice to have the option, though if nothing else quite works out.

@Daebado I cheated after seeing the price of the Nauticams. It was pre Coronavirus times. 20$ each and I had them in 2 weeks.

US $20.62 25% OFF|1

Yep, off-brand but much better price. Looks like they are still on sale but that's still $40 for the pair and I still have to buy the shackles. If I needed the ball clamps, that would be another story but since I already have them, still very difficult to justify (and yet at the same time, tempting!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom