Wanted Aqua Prop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something to consider. I like the Aquaprop, it's a lovely scooter for recreational diving. Just be super careful with Lithium powered ones, if you even slightly suspect a leak then get it open and dry ASAP. These pics are from a boat I was on, lady had rented one and afterwards she told us she had noticed it getting a little negative during the dive.

It had leaked and when the battery blew, it shot the tube across the deck and broke a divers ankle where it hit him 15 feet away. Mayhem on board.

Note, this applies to ANY lithium DPV but this incident was on an Aquaprop L.

35380226_2100988356812632_3125559348974059520_o.jpg
35552094_2100988313479303_5368274426359971840_o.jpg

Thanks for that info , I want the nickel cad battery right ? Do know of any light weight units that are as good as the Aqua Prop ? I want it light so I can pull over side of my boat .

I’m a big fan of the Blacktip scooter.

lithium is fine, Aquaprop is fine, just be aware of the consequences of leaks and if it changes buoyancy during the dive be careful

I realize the Aquaprop comes in at 14lbs which makes it pretty attractive but have you considered the Dive X-Tras Blacktip? The Blacktip is 24lbs, has better thrust / runtime than the Aquaprop and uses DeWalt batteries you can buy at most hardware stores worldworld. It is also cheaper.

EDIT: RainPilot beat me to the recommnendation.

Thanks for that info , I want the nickel cad battery right ? Do know of any light weight units that are as good as the Aqua Prop ? I want it light so I can pull over side of my boat .
If you go NiCd, the scooter will probably be both significantly heavier and shorter on runtime than a similarly sized scooter with lithium.

Manufacturers should consider a 1 way exhaust on the things, so they don't explode catastrophically when the battery expands and releases a bunch of gas in the event of a leak. The scooter would still be trash but some guy across the boat might not have a broken foot.

If you go NiCd, the scooter will probably be both significantly heavier and shorter on runtime than a similarly sized scooter with lithium.

Manufacturers should consider a 1 way exhaust on the things, so they don't explode catastrophically when the battery expands and releases a bunch of gas in the event of a leak. The scooter would still be trash but some guy across the boat might not have a broken foot.

And some other guy might not require a whole new suit due to terrible, sudden staining from the loud bang.

Allegedly.

On an unrelated note, anyone know if one can get a poo-valve to complement a pee-valve? Asking for a friend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom