Do I really need a tank with DC like this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zai.gezundt

Contributor
Reaction score
Was cleaning photo archive and found this lemon. It was swiftly replaced by AA but I never learned cause of sensor going bad. Certainly not from (mis)use.
cobalt.png

Was cleaning photo archive and found this lemon. It was swiftly replaced by AA but I never learned cause of sensor going bad. Certainly not from (mis)use.
View attachment 582710

Sometimes it's just a bad sensor.

Sometimes it's a grain of sand, dried salt or a clump of algae that expands against the sensor as it dries.

The sensor in the Cobalt is a commonly used one, made by a Swiss company. They don't often go bad, but as with any physical device, it happens on occasion. The pressure surface is ceramic, and pretty well impervious to salt water, you can dive the computer without a hose and it won't hurt anything. They are designed for use in harsh & chemical environments. I can't think of any misuse that would compromise the HP sensor without destroying the rest of the computer in the process.

Things that can result in a bad signal would include any leak that put moisture into the case, and any disruption to the wires carrying the very tiny signals going from the sensor to the PCB. Without knowing the age or serial # of the Cobalt I can't say anything more.

-Ron

Our support page:
Ocean Concepts

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom