Drysuits and pee valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The loop to come up and then down into the top of my pants was not big enough and I worried that it might kink. So, I replaced them both with Light Monkey replacement tubing, which is longer. $8.50 from DGX.

I was wondering this as I noticed that my undergarment pants don't have a fly type thing.

I was wondering this as I noticed that my undergarment pants don't have a fly type thing.

Yeah, I mostly use a 1 piece undersuit. It does not have a hole for the tube. But, it does have a 2-way zipper. I unzip it upwards, from the bottom, put the tube through that hole, then zip the lower zipper pull back down.

Yeah, I mostly use a 1 piece undersuit. It does not have a hole for the tube. But, it does have a 2-way zipper. I unzip it upwards, from the bottom, put the tube through that hole, then zip the lower zipper pull back down.

I'm tall and skinny one piece suits don't fit I have to 2 piece ones but the concept might still work, route up and over the pants.

I'm tall and skinny one piece suits don't fit I have to 2 piece ones but the concept might still work, route up and over the pants.

Mine are Seaskin. Made to measure. Work very well. And very inexpensive...

I use Steramine mixed into some warm water to squirt through the QD fitting and let it run through the tube and out the pee valve. I inject it using one of these:

The tip of it is just small enough to barely fit into the QD fitting opening. 5 or 6 syringefuls of Steramine solution and I'm done. It's quick and easy.

I do something very similar, although I've been using a 50/50 vinegar/water mix for years without a problem. My question is, how do you deal with the Steramine dripping on the outside of the drysuit as it exits the valve? I recall reading the bottle of the catheter antiseptic I bought with my catheters (might not have actually been Steramine, but I thought it was) and it didn't sound like the outside of my drysuit would do well with that liquid on it. I try to flush the p-valve hosing out before I rinse the suit, so that any dripping of the vinegar solution gets rinsed off with water pretty quickly.

I do something very similar, although I've been using a 50/50 vinegar/water mix for years without a problem. My question is, how do you deal with the Steramine dripping on the outside of the drysuit as it exits the valve? I recall reading the bottle of the catheter antiseptic I bought with my catheters (might not have actually been Steramine, but I thought it was) and it didn't sound like the outside of my drysuit would do well with that liquid on it. I try to flush the p-valve hosing out before I rinse the suit, so that any dripping of the vinegar solution gets rinsed off with water pretty quickly.

Well... I didn't realize it was a concern. Sometimes, I flush Steramine through and then follow with water. So, whatever ran out and onto the suit should get rinsed with water, too.

I guess I should take a closer look at my suit and see if the Steramine has been staying on it and leaving any sign.

I cut a small slit in the upper right thigh on my undersuit and my base layer to route the hose through.

DW

Well... I didn't realize it was a concern. Sometimes, I flush Steramine through and then follow with water. So, whatever ran out and onto the suit should get rinsed with water, too.

I guess I should take a closer look at my suit and see if the Steramine has been staying on it and leaving any sign.

Sorry, it wasn't Steramine I bought...it was a urinary appliance cleanser and deodorant. I think it could work really well, but I was a bit concerned getting this liquid on the outer leg of my drysuit, although in dilute form and with proper flushing, it probably would be fine. I'm sure the same is with your Steramine.

Urocare | Products - Urolux Urinary Appliance Cleanser & Deodorant

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom