Post travel ban restriction to Cozumel

What are your plans when the travel ban lifts?

• First flight

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • First week

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • First month

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • 2-4 months

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Late fall

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • Shelter in place until hell freezes over

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have a reservation for 2 weeks in August. If travel seems wise, we will likely extend that. We shall see what happens.

My usual trip includes the first 2 weeks of Feb plus another 7 days which can be a bit before plus a bit after & usually depend on the air fare pricing. It will also depend on flights from Toronto to Cozumel (with either Air Canada or Westjet) which may be far & few between or back to what they were before all this hit the fan.

We plan to be in TX over Thanksgiving, so it is possible that we would extend the trip and fly to Cozumel from Houston. It just depends on the situation.

We are booked for a few weeks in Oct/Nov. Also have a big group trip planned for Roatan in March. Really hope this CV thing settles down soon.

So will people make the decisions based on when the Govmt says it is time to get the economy going or will they wait until there is a vaccine or better treatments available?

It's the same dilemma as when to go into crowded places like concerts and sporting events.

If I have the antibodies then I will have less concern.

If no antibodies, no vaccine, and no treatment protocols than I am not sure how and when I will return to large public spaces.

Fascinating discussion and our government is not doing a great job being honest with people right now.

The virus is only slowing down because people are hiding in their homes. It hasnt gone away nor is it cured. As soon as everyone goes back out, it is going to surge just as it has in the Asian counties that have tried their hand at reopening.

People need to start hearing that the end is not really in sight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom