OH area dive buddies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Social distancing has me thinking; underwater definitely still counts as appropriate separation, right? I’m in Cleveland area and it looks like White Star quarry is open! Anyone looking to get out there this weekend or next?

thanks!

If you are on Facebook, there is a buddy board page for Whitestar quarry on there. This fall we will have our annual Meet and Greet at Gilboa Quarry. That is a great place to meet other divers and build your buddy list. We wanted to have our spring Meet and Greet, but with everything going on regarding Covid we decided it wouldn't be a good idea.

Would anybody be interested in meeting at Gilboa or White Star next weekend (July 31-August 2)?

Post here or PM me!

I dive the river in Port Huron. In fact, I’m doing it tomorrow morning! I will also make my way out to stony Lake in Oxford. I don’t head down to the Ohio quarries much: long drive for a little return. But if there’s a couple of people who want to meet up, I might make that work on occasion. Though I prefer mid week instead of weekends. And no Gilboa for me.

Cool, where do you go in to the river? Is it a drift with the current or do you find some sheltered space?

I would be very interested in joining sometime, but want to make sure it is not beyond my skill level.

Thanks!

I live in NW OH about 30 minutes from white star quarry. 7/31-8/2 doesn't work for me but feel free to message me if you are looking for a dive buddy anywhere within ~3 hour drive. I am just looking to get more dives under my belt at this point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom