New DPV - Dive Xtras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, that makes sense, although in the photos is looked like they were wrapping it around the circumference of the tank. Just to get extra out of the way?

Ah I do see that right now. If you look at same picture you can see the bit of extra length (1-2”) past the buckle, so not sure what they have wrapped around it?

Looking closer that strap has a cam on it (look underneath) and the a loop stitched into it, maybe some type of handle/carrying strap?

IMG_0054-scaled.jpg

IMG_0049-scaled.jpg

Looking closer that strap has a cam on it (look underneath) and the a loop stitched into it, maybe some type of handle/carrying strap?

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

Correct, it is a carry handle similar to the one that comes on our longer scooters like Cudas and Sierras. This one is made from the same webbing and cam-buckle as the Piranha and Blacktip main closure straps. It also has a slot sewn into it to allow you to pass the main closure strap through it to keep it captured in the correct orientation on the body. It will come standard on Tech and Exploration Blacktips and tube kits and will be added on the website as an option to purchase separately if you want to add one to your Travel Blacktip (we don't find it necessary on the shorter scooters). It will also fit 8" body diameter scooters if you want to add one to your Piranha or retrofit a Cuda or Sierra.

If I remember correctly the depth rating has gone from 300 to 600 feet.

Just wondering does anyone know is there any sign of DiveX releasing the new depth rating of the Blacktip Technical version? Its a key piece of information for me before I pull the trigger on it!

What did they say when you dropped them an email?
Contacted them via their FB page last week, no response so far. They might be closed atm, and I’m not in a rush tbh, I was just wondering that’s all.

Anyone here ordered the Exploration version yet?
We got some amazing dive sites around here that you are only able to get to by going down (and then up again) a literal shitload of stairs, nobody enjoys doing that while wearing doubles, also some sites that you can only access by boat (or scooter).
There are some spots very close by that you can access easily though and then it's just a 2-3km scooter trip there.
Most people I have talked to who have scooters have all shook their heads at me, because they feel like a scooter that long is too much to handle in the water (the word freight train was thrown around a bit) and they're only useful for the people who are doing really long penetration dives and need the burn times.
I get what they're saying, but I would mostly be using this scooter to travel in a straight line for an hour+ at a time, and the burn time of the tech/travel versions won't cut it, and the price tags on the other equal ones are a bit too hefty.
I don't care about having a scooter that I can turn around on a dime or do loops and stuff with, I want a literal truck that can get me from A to B and have plenty of power to play around there and then go back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom