Anyone ever deal with Varuste.net in Finland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't understand why so many USA and UK stores insist on selling Apex 2nds stages (XTX40 seems to be only exception) usually/exclusively as 1st stage + 2nd stage package. Are we really supposed to think normal persons are not capable of selecting and attaching hoses by themselves?

@FinnMom I believe it's about the total dollar sales and they keep control of the product maintenance and setup (also being dollar driven). I placed my order Yesterday afternoon with Varuste, FEDex already has it in transit. They claim I will have it tomorrow. I would be very impressed if that's the case and this could cause a new direction into buying Apeks items if it works out this easy and cheap.

That's amazing delivery speed. I hope you get to dive them soon.
Cheaper in Finland than the USA... sure didn't expect to see that ever happen. But then again that phrase has gotten a bit worn out these last couple months :-D

Purchase update!!!!

Ordered XTX40 and XTX50 2nd stages last Wednesday. I received them today. Originally it was supposed to be here last Friday. It arrived today with only a 2 business day delay. I can't get things this quick from my LDS down the street with during normal conditions let alone an out of country delivery with looming Coronavirus shutdowns.
Big shoutout to Varuste and FedEx. They both have their Sh@t together.

So now price and shipping is better by buying out of country.

Apeks regs.jpg

Just wanted to piggy back this thread with my experience with Varuste. I ordered a couple of things from them (at a substantial price difference in my favor) at 3 am EST Tuesday morning and it showed up on my porch today (Thursday) at lunch time. No VAT, no customs charges, and shipping was around $20US. Pretty awesome if you ask me!

Mid pandemic I ordered a set of Apeks fins that aren’t sold in the states from Varuste. They were in my hands 5 days from ordering the, Weekend included. I have no idea how the prices are so low and the shipping is quicker then state side companies. They will continue to get my business if it stay as in my favor.

I ordered a bunch of bolt snaps from them...it took a while to get here, but everything came and I got a good deal on them...

I imagine you are supposed to be paying cudtoms duties on this stuff so shhhh might be a good idea. I'll have to look into FedEx next time I want something from the USA to Finland (such as red Jetfins would be nice...). Generally shipping charges by US or Finnish postal services have been simply ridiculous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom