Can COVID spread underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm gonna die.

I’m gonna be an alpha spreader if I get the virus. So...I’m going to get N95 Y-fronts on Amazon later.

I’m gonna be an alpha spreader if I get the virus. So...I’m going to get N95 Y-fronts on Amazon later.

Or maybe just stick a roll of those blue shop towels down the back of your shorts... Should do it.

I was kind of hoping for a vaccine. I think my days of diving are done for 2020 as they're talking about winter for a vaccine timeframe.

You meant to say winter 2021 right?

Just to clarify a bit.

Covid-19 is a disease not a virus. It is the disease that is caused by a coronavirus, specifically the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 or Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2. One can see why we continue to call it covid when that is not technically correct.

FAKE NEWS. Get your facts straight. Ginnie Springs has been closed since April 1st. 21 days ago. Those of us that are still cave diving are diving on private property (with permission), by boat on river caves or NSS-CDS member only caves. And most of us myself included cave dive solo.

Back to the original topic. We will find out that COVID-19 spreads under the water of the common mask rinse tank.

Found this with a Google search

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”

If you’re wondering about saltwater pools, this goes for those as well. Your saltwater pool will convert the salt into chlorine.

So if you're probably safe diving salt water. Don't know about fresh Water but my personal opinion is that the virus will be soon diluted to the point that it is unlikely you could get a high enough dosage to get infected.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom