ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2020 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Folks we are well aware of the MULTIPLE issue concerning this event.
I totally understand everyone is nervous and that includes me.
I just need a little more time, PLEASE be patient and I will be contacting everyone this week.

We have no doubt of that :) You guys rock

Personally, I am not concerned about AKR. We'll work out that part and get there, eventually. I've been hanging in there to see what the airlines were going to do with us, ticket holders. Thanks, Dan, for the info. I've got United tickets too. Seems the US term 'Essential air travel only' is going to be in place for quite a while.

I hate to cast negative thoughts but I have to point out that United is only offering to waive the cancellation fee through the end of April.

Do we think a decision will be made in the next 10 days?

Delay any longer risks losing significant flight costs.

No change fee for United flight schedule up to May 31, 2020. My May trip to Papeete, French Polynesia, was rescheduled to October. United even refunded me $222 for the flight fare difference (the fare in October is cheaper than that of in May).

Contact United for further instructions. Text to 62616 (United text messenger) and answer the questions. You will get the following guidelines/info:
“You have successfully been subscribed to messages from United Airlines. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to unsubscribe. Msg&Data Rates May Apply.
Hi, I’m United’s automated cancellation assistant. I know things are changing daily, so I’m here to help you understand United’s policies and process your cancellation request.
How can I help you? Please type the letters 'A', 'B', or 'C' to select:
A) I want to learn more about cancelling my trip
B) I want to cancel my trip
C) I want to know more about traveling with United“

You reply: “A”

United:
“Ok. What would you like to know? Please type the letters 'A', 'B', or 'C'
A) How can I cancel my trip?
B) How can I change my trip?
C) I want to learn about cancellation fees and refunds”

You reply: “C”

United:
“Here are some questions I can answer about fees and refunds. Please type 'A', 'B', 'C', or 'D' to select.
A) Is there a fee if I change or cancel my trip?
B) How can I use the value of my cancelled ticket?
C) Can I get a refund?
D) How do I request a refund?“

United:
“Did you buy your ticket using money or miles?
A) Money
B) Miles”

United:
“If you purchased a refundable ticket, you will receive a full refund, less applicable cancellation fees, to the original form of payment.
If you cancel a non-refundable ticket purchased using money, you can retain the value of your ticket, in the form of a travel credit, to be applied to a new ticket in the future.
There will be no change fee when you re-book and apply this travel credit, if your are scheduled to travel on or before May 31, 2020 or if you purchased your ticket between March 3, 2020 and March 31, 2020 regardless of travel date.
If you have additional questions and are in the United States, please give us a call at 1-800-UNITED1.“

If your ticket purchase meet the guidelines, then call United to get the refund. You’ll be put on hold for a few minutes, just hang in there. They’ll get to you.
I see mixed messages from United.

On the Unite Ap, the Waiver Policy, dated today still gives April 30 as the final day to cancel or change reservations without fee.

I see mixed messages from United.

On the Unite Ap, the Waiver Policy, dated today still gives April 30 as the final day to cancel or change reservations without fee.
Not mixed messages. Different criteria. Read carefully UA automated response: There will be no change fee when you re-book and apply this travel credit, if your are scheduled to travel on or before May 31, 2020 or if you purchased your ticket between March 3, 2020 and March 31, 2020

Two criteria, neither apply. Not flying before May 31, AND did not purchase in March 2020.

So criteria is still cancel/change by April 30.

I'm seeing no rush to repoen international borders anywhere. I've read several suggestions about some countries thinking of keeping borders closed for an extended time.
Reading the US State website a few weeks ago, I saw where Honduras is struggling with a very poor medical system, that cannot begin to cope with a major outbreak.
I suspect that we are not going to have much luck of the country of Honduras reopening to international air travel in just over 4 weeks.
I'd love to be wrong, but.... at this point decisions need to be finalized.

Fortunately for those of us booked thru American, we have until May 31st to cancel or change without penalty. Per their website if we bought our ticket before May 31, 2020, for travel between March 1 and September 30, 2020, we can rebook without change fees.

I would hope that United would do the same thing, but who does?

Fortunately for those of us booked thru American, we have until May 31st to cancel or change without penalty. Per their website if we bought our ticket before May 31, 2020, for travel between March 1 and September 30, 2020, we can rebook without change fees.

I would hope that United would do the same thing, but who does?

See... Now that is different than what the AA Aren't told me on the phone. She said we had until the end of April to either get e refund or change dates.

I wonder.... For those wanting a refund if they are giving until the end April and those wanting to change dates have until the end of May..... Well... Back on the phone I go to find out

See... Now that is different than what the AA Aren't told me on the phone. She said we had until the end of April to either get e refund or change dates.

I wonder.... For those wanting a refund if they are giving until the end April and those wanting to change dates have until the end of May..... Well... Back on the phone I go to find out
Well, that could be. I've not talked to anyone at AA. I was just gong by what is on their website. With the cancellation or change, we have until the end of 2021 to use the credit. I figure we'll be able to go somewhere before then if we don't get to go on the invasion.

We understand everyone's anxiety and believe me I share the same thoughts many of you have posted.
We are in contact with the resort and they cannot give me a 100% answer yet since Honduras is close and they are not sure when that will end, This is why NOBODY has been charged final payment. As for the airlines that is a whole other can of worms.
I thank you for your patience and be assured as soon as I know you will also know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom