Warmest Glove Liners in Dry Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started using the Icelandic wool liners from Kubi (on their site) and they work the best for me. I've also used Black Diamond winter fleece glove liners that are good too.

Pretty sure there are some heated liners and I am sure they are warm.

As for the other liners, how much dexterity do you loose with the liner/glove combo?

Pretty sure there are some heated liners and I am sure they are warm.

As for the other liners, how much dexterity do you loose with the liner/glove combo?

My tech instructor has heated liners and he said you lose a ton of dexterity. I can deal with slightly chilly fingers if I have dexterity. I used to wear 3mm wet gloves when diving a 7mm with layers for 40sF water.

I have pretty good dexterity with the Fourth Element liners and PVC gloves.

I have switched from the PVC gloves to industrial Marigolds which has greatly improved my dexterity.

Awesome suggestions. I don't have a ton of room. Currently I have the cheap yellow gloves and under that a pair of Merino wool gloves. I can manage, but after 1 hour between 30-40 my hands are so frozen they barely want to move. I thought about heated, but wondered about the dexterity (I take photos so moving hands with tiny dials is important). I'll have to check out some of the other suggestions. Thanks so much!

The marigold/orange gloves are great for dexterity, but not as durable as the blue gloves. Zebra mussels are an issue here diving wrecks and they apparently shred the orange gloves easily. I've used the marigold in the past, just at the quarry.

@DevilEyeDog

May I please put in a vote for you supporting an actual real dive shop rather than Amazon? Check with DRIS to make sure they have these in stock before you place the order. The store is only open 10am-5pm right now, but they are still shipping out online order. They're my local dive shop. Thank you! :D

Xerotherm Glove

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom