ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2020 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate to cast negative thoughts but I have to point out that United is only offering to waive the cancellation fee through the end of April.

Do we think a decision will be made in the next 10 days?

Delay any longer risks losing significant flight costs.

No change fee for United flight schedule up to May 31, 2020. My May trip to Papeete, French Polynesia, was rescheduled to October. United even refunded me $222 for the flight fare difference (the fare in October is cheaper than that of in May).

Contact United for further instructions. Text to 62616 (United text messenger) and answer the questions. You will get the following guidelines/info:
“You have successfully been subscribed to messages from United Airlines. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to unsubscribe. Msg&Data Rates May Apply.
Hi, I’m United’s automated cancellation assistant. I know things are changing daily, so I’m here to help you understand United’s policies and process your cancellation request.
How can I help you? Please type the letters 'A', 'B', or 'C' to select:
A) I want to learn more about cancelling my trip
B) I want to cancel my trip
C) I want to know more about traveling with United“

You reply: “A”

United:
“Ok. What would you like to know? Please type the letters 'A', 'B', or 'C'
A) How can I cancel my trip?
B) How can I change my trip?
C) I want to learn about cancellation fees and refunds”

You reply: “C”

United:
“Here are some questions I can answer about fees and refunds. Please type 'A', 'B', 'C', or 'D' to select.
A) Is there a fee if I change or cancel my trip?
B) How can I use the value of my cancelled ticket?
C) Can I get a refund?
D) How do I request a refund?“

United:
“Did you buy your ticket using money or miles?
A) Money
B) Miles”

United:
“If you purchased a refundable ticket, you will receive a full refund, less applicable cancellation fees, to the original form of payment.
If you cancel a non-refundable ticket purchased using money, you can retain the value of your ticket, in the form of a travel credit, to be applied to a new ticket in the future.
There will be no change fee when you re-book and apply this travel credit, if your are scheduled to travel on or before May 31, 2020 or if you purchased your ticket between March 3, 2020 and March 31, 2020 regardless of travel date.
If you have additional questions and are in the United States, please give us a call at 1-800-UNITED1.“

If your ticket purchase meet the guidelines, then call United to get the refund. You’ll be put on hold for a few minutes, just hang in there. They’ll get to you.

I hate to cast negative thoughts but I have to point out that United is only offering to waive the cancellation fee through the end of April.

Do we think a decision will be made in the next 10 days?

Delay any longer risks losing significant flight costs.

You are not alone....I was thinking the same thing. I am booked through AA and have not heard anything from them in some time now. But with the stay at home thingy being extended all the way through May now....I am starting to worry

If Honduras cancels flights from the US in June, wouldn't that be on AA?

If Honduras doesn't cancel any flights from the US in June, wouldn't we be going?

I am looking up info on American airlines right now.... and as far as I know Honduras borders are still closed ---sigh

OH --- food for thought. I know some airlines are requiring passangers to wear masks -- be sure to have yours handy if the trip is still on

Back
Top Bottom