Earthquake off north coast of Honduras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nor Roatan.

I know quite a few people who reported strong shaking. Not as bad as the last one but enough to make them run outside. Fortunately, there doesn’t appear to have been any significant damage.

Nor Roatan.
I have a few friends in West End that said they were woken up by it. What area of the island are you in?

I have a few friends in West End that said they were woken up by it. What area of the island are you in?

ahhh, to continue an irrelevant thread....

i, like you, am not on Roatan. (Was headed back 5/2, but,,,) I group emailed with several ex-pat residents, they expressed NBD, which is at the low end of the Richter Scale.

The BIG EARTHQUAKE that started this thread is not even mentioned on any of the 3 “private (by invitation) message boards” that have allowed me on. Not a mention.

These happen all the time. The epicenter is ALWAYS @35 miles North of Roatan, there is ALWAYS a Tsunami warning for one of the towns you would otherwise be unaware of...in this case: Savannah Bight. If there had been a Tsunami, it was a bit late to warn this impoverished settlement via internet. The historical incidence of local Tsunami Is equal to local internet coverage...zero.

Since CV19, there hasn’t been much at all to talk about, the big earthquake is going to have to suffice.

a less wasteful use of electrons: :wink:

I’ll start another thread in regards to how one might send ca$h dollar$ to our friends in Roatan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom