Cancelled/postponed trips due to COVID - please share your outcomes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jill and the staff at Nautilus Dive Adventures has been wonderful to work with rebooking our group!

Would you care to share the details, so as to help other SB participants?
  • What boat were you originally booked on?
  • What date?
  • New boat and date?
  • Any cost difference?
  • What happens if customer can’t travel on the ‘new’ date?

You website shows your shop has two upcoming trips. Status?
  • April 24 - Leyte
  • May 2 - Philippines Fantasy
I’m curious and have upcoming travel.

Hope you are willing to share

Thanks

I had a trip booked with Sunset House in GC 4/1-4/8. As things began to escalate I reached out to them the first week of March and shared my fear that either the Caymans or the US were going to shutdown flights or ban international travel. My trip insurance would not cover a ban. I asked if there was any way to shift the trip until later in the year. They got back to me a few days later and told me I could and updated their cancellation policy to allow rescheduling trips up to one year form the original booking date. I moved it to Sept. I hope all will be clear by then. My travel insurance allowed for a no fee change of the policy to cover the rescheduled trip.

UPDATE: ON BOOKING WITH MIKE BALL, CAIRNS

We are still yet to see a refund of any sort or even an email ! We have had no contact from the owner / manager. (Mike Ball no longer owns the operation)

We are still $3,810 out of pocket and we are locals !

We were told today that they have refunded "certain" individuals, the majority though have not been refunded or anything else!

Still Disgraceful ....

Where can I see the log of all the operators and whats happening with each ?

UPDATE: ON BOOKING WITH MIKE BALL, CAIRNS

We are still yet to see a refund of any sort or even an email ! We have had no contact from the owner / manager. (Mike Ball no longer owns the operation)

We are still $3,810 out of pocket and we are locals !

We were told today that they have refunded "certain" individuals, the majority though have not been refunded or anything else!

Still Disgraceful ....

Where can I see the log of all the operators and whats happening with each ?

The very first post in this thread has a link to the info you are looking for.

We have a group trip in July to the Cayman Brac Beach Resort. While I am cautiously optimistic that we will be able to take that trip, I did reach out to them in case we can’t. If not, they will allow us to rebook up to two years under the same terms that included some perks from booking at DEMA. There will be no increase to us in price and we won’t have to rebook as a group. We can rebook as couples or buddies assuming folks are still rebooking at double occupancy. That’s about as fair as it gets.

Good news this morning from Liveaboard.com. They were able to get me a 100% credit on my trip next month to Tubbataha on the Stella Maris to be used on any open trip in 2021. I already went ahead and rescheduled the new trip with them for May 21 to 27th, 2021. I do appreciate their efforts on my behalf in dealing with All Star Liveaboards the owners of the Stella Maris and that they did the right thing by offering me a 100% credit for a future trip. It's a big relief off my mind---thanks Liveaboard.com and All Star Liveaboards!

Back
Top Bottom