My first "problem" traveling with my AL19 pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flew to Texas once with some weights in my carry-on. Maybe 6 two pounders. Security guard picked one up and made a waving motion to see (I guess) if it was viable as a weapon. Yeah, that would be my weapon of choice if I were up to no good. Hitting someone with a small weight would make the other 200 passengers terrified of me.
They would surely know you weren't right in the head. LOL

RE: Filling a pony. I started with a transfill whip, but later got one of the integrated valve/regulators. The only way it's possible to fill it is from another tank. It's actually quite nice using a whip as you don't need to bother ever asking operations if they are ok filling your pony. You just fill it up before your first dive of the trip and then dump it later. Especially easy for ops that require a brief "check out" dive as your first dive since you'll have tons of extra gas anyway.

You could bypass the doctor and travel with it filled just by hooking it to your wheelchair

full.jpg

Maybe disguised like this

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom