What Do You Think the Fish are Thinking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I imagine the rays at Stingray City are thinking “Where did everyone handing out free pieces of squid go? Damm, now I have to go back to finding my own food again “. At least there are no yahoos picking them up out of the water so that people can take pictures of them.

From the experience in 'Sharm' after the flight ban, I would imagine the reefs will start to recover quite quickly, both the physical reefs, and the related life that make the reefs their home.

For those of you luck to live in these places I think the diving will progressively improved (assuming they are still allowing you to dive). If you feel that it is anti-social to continue diving, due to the (low risk) of needing medical or rescue services during this, time. I would imagine snorkelling is probably ok.

Ultimately, all those of us who use the sea, professionally or for recreation, will benefit.
The mix of fewer divers, boats, etc will, (rather like the cities,) reduce pollution and the adverse effects of human foot (fin) fall.

From the experience in 'Sharm' after the flight ban, I would imagine the reefs will start to recover quite quickly, both the physical reefs, and the related life that make the reefs their home.

For those of you luck to live in these places I think the diving will progressively improved (assuming they are still allowing you to dive). If you feel that it is anti-social to continue diving, due to the (low risk) of needing medical or rescue services during this, time. I would imagine snorkelling is probably ok.

Ultimately, all those of us who use the sea, professionally or for recreation, will benefit.
The mix of fewer divers, boats, etc will, (rather like the cities,) reduce pollution and the adverse effects of human foot (fin) fall.

I would have to politely disagree. As the localities begin to suffer lack of food (most places we dive are islands, right?) I suspect they will start to turn to the reef and nearby oceans for fish. This may result in a drop in marine life as the resources begin to get depleted. Albeit unsettling, this course of action is completely understandable and frankly, in dire times, encouraged. No one should starve because we ignored the inevitable.

Does anyone know of any scientific studies of the oceans and reefs going on?

Don'

Don't forget you can get in trouble and need a rescue snorkeling too. Some say never swim, snorkel or dive without a buddy. EXCEPT right now....

Screen-Shot-2020-04-09-at-10-07-27-PM.png

Go corona go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom