Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katie A

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys!

I am on the hunt for a larger save-a-dive-tool box like the Pelican 1510... But at a more reasonable price. I know that Pelican is great, trust me! I have many of their smaller cases, but with everything going on in the world economically right now, I am just looking for something similar, yet more affordable.

Let me know of your suggestions! TIA! :)

Assuming you aren't talking about air-travel, but want a water-resistant rolling tool box, check out the DeWalt, Rigid, and Milwaukee offerings. Nice if you want to put together a system. You should be able to put hands on most of the lines at Home Depot

DEWALT ToughSystem DS450 22 in. 17 Gal. Mobile Tool Box-DWST08250 - The Home Depot
black-dewalt-portable-tool-boxes-dwst08250-64_1000.jpg

RIDGID 22 in. Pro Gear Cart Tool Box in Black-222573 - The Home Depot
black-ridgid-portable-tool-boxes-222573-64_1000.jpg

Milwaukee PACKOUT 22 in. Rolling Tool Box-48-22-8426 - The Home Depot
red-milwaukee-portable-tool-boxes-48-22-8426-64_1000.jpg

I'm building my dive box kit out of these DeWalt boxes $99 last holiday special.
Small box for spare parts and misc tools. DS130
Medium Box for my regulators, lights, and masks. DS300
The big roller DS450 now houses my DeWalt portable Propane heater and will only be coming for edge-season days at the quarry.

DEWALT ToughSystem DS450 22 in. 17 Gal. Mobile Tool Box, DS130 Tool Box and DS300 Large Tool Box Combo Set (3 Components)-DWST08250203130 - The Home Depot

black-dewalt-portable-tool-boxes-dwst08250203130-64_1000.jpg

I also have a tote with carry handle that replaces a milk crate for boat dives or to carry mile pile of reels, bags, etc for the quarry ...
https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-Tough...ndle+tote&qid=1586476017&s=electronics&sr=8-1
61o%2BLxsELvL._AC_SL1170_.jpg

Also Harbor Freight always has coupons. I forgot to check earlier but there's one for $20 off the Apache 5800 case making it only $69.99. Its valid through 5/3/20. They're always great with accepting coupons, the cashiers accept a picture on your phone as long as they can scan the bar code or type in the code.

Harbor Freight Tools Coupon Database - Free coupons, 25 percent off coupons, toolbox coupons - APACHE 5800 ROLLER CARRY ON CASE
Awesome! Thank you so much for showing me this coupon!

I use this one from Stanley

Also, the hinge pins on the Apache by Harbor Freight cases WILL rust away, unlike the Pelican hinge pins. I keep a piece of brass around just to repair those hinges.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom