Shots from Anilao Feb 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pelsasser

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I finally got a gallery posted of some of my images from our Philippines trip earlier this year. I guess one good thing about staying at home is there is a lot of time to process images! Special thanks to @Trailboss123 for his previous recommendations about the area. We spent 2 weeks there, 5 days diving in Anilao and the rest over in Puerto Galera. I will hopefully post the Puerto Galera shots soon. We dove with Anilao Critters and couldn't be happier with the service the provided and the ability of our guide to assist in finding whatever species was on our list.

Enjoy the photos! - Anilao, Philippines - 2020 - Elsasser Photography

Here is a link to my instagram as well - Phil Elsasser (@phil.elsasser) on Instagram • 290 photos and videos if you would like to follow me there.

Very nice photos, great lighting
I noticed you went diving with my favorite guide Dennis, he's for me one of the best dive guides for photographers I've met.
I wouldn't dive Anilao without him (all my Anilao images thanks to him).

Thanks @Luko! - Dennis was great, we dove with him ~2 days. Our guide ,Jason was equally knowledgeable and overall it was very nice for photography!

Brilliant! Loved the way you lit them up!

Cheers
P

Great great shots, thanks for sharing.

Where did you stay and would you recommend it or them ?

Great great shots, thanks for sharing.

Where did you stay and would you recommend it or them ?

We stayed at Casa Escondida in Anilao and El Galleon in Puerto Galera.

Casa Escondida - very clean, nice staff. Food was just okay, room was nice but there was no hot water anywhere for a shower. Otherwise I was fine with it, my wife said she would try a different place next time.

El Galleon - also clean, incredible staff. Food was outstanding (we ate a few dinners at the resort and the rest in town, but the food at the resort was very good). Hot showers. Both the wife and I would definitely go back. Only bummer for someone who has mobility issues would be that some of the rooms are high up on the hillside. For us it wasn't a problem and the room had a great view, but If you have any issues with climbing stairs, make sure to request a lower room.

Thanks so much, getting half decent food in the Philippines is always a challenge. It’s better than it was, but places like Bali and Lembeh have such amazing food that going back there again and again is tempting.

Casa Escondida - very clean, nice staff. Food was just okay, room was nice but there was no hot water anywhere for a shower. Otherwise I was fine with it, my wife said she would try a different place next time.
Haven't you considered Acacia resort just next door. It's on Dennis' accoms list too.
I had seen Escondida building from Acacia and was wondering about the comfort level and pricing (can you pls give an idea of the cost for one double room FB)
Acacia is a bit expensive for small rooms, however the food was really delicious. something like an exception for a dive resort in the northern Phils.

btw,, talking about food, it gets much better in the Visayas IMO and I don't take neither Tulamben nor Lembeh as gourmet hubs. Manado or Ubud would be another story, Ambon/Bandaneira are really good, on the other hand Eastern Nusa Tenggara islands can be a misery.

Nice images. I dove Anilao (Club O) and Puerto Galera (Action Divers) back in 2013 and am still editing the video footage! Staying at home has certainly helped move that project along!

Nice images. I dove Anilao (Club O) and Puerto Galera (Action Divers) back in 2013 and am still editing the video footage! Staying at home has certainly helped move that project along!

I also dove with Action divers in Puerto Galera. Amazinh people and very high quality service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom