Custom Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EberWolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an Argonaut Kraken Double Hose Regulator on it's way to me. I'm in the process of getting the rest of what I'll need. I'll be using an Argonaut wing with my kit.

I need a back-plate. The VDH back-plate has been out of stock for a few months. I'm also on the list for a Freedom Plate with a production of a few weeks to a few months.

While I will have no issue buying one when they become available I have the tools (Water Jet) and material available to make my own. Does anyone on here have the dimensions/drawing of a flat plate they have used for a Double Hose Regulator in the past?

Thanks

and there it is!

I though I would drag this thread back up...

I got my Kraken several months before 'this business' started. It seems like we will be waiting many more months before Bryan/VDH is back up and running with stock of things like backplates.
I have however used a couple of very cheap quick-turn metal cutting services in the last 12 months (designing mechatronics during 'this business' has been a challenge to say the least).
I'm now wondering if getting a nice stainless steel backplate lasered is going to be cheap enough that I should just do that.

I have the skills to make up the DXF to get one cut, but does anyone have dimensions that would help me get started? I have one of the cheap aluminium plates from VDH, but not the flat one for double hoses.

I though I would drag this thread back up...

I got my Kraken several months before 'this business' started. It seems like we will be waiting many more months before Bryan/VDH is back up and running with stock of things like backplates.
I have however used a couple of very cheap quick-turn metal cutting services in the last 12 months (designing mechatronics during 'this business' has been a challenge to say the least).
I'm now wondering if getting a nice stainless steel backplate lasered is going to be cheap enough that I should just do that.

I have the skills to make up the DXF to get one cut, but does anyone have dimensions that would help me get started? I have one of the cheap aluminium plates from VDH, but not the flat one for double hoses.

Check out huwporters page: Scuba Pages

If you PM me your address I will mail you a full size Xerox copy of the VDH plate.

Back
Top Bottom