DIVE DRY WITH DR. BILL #857: THE INSANITY HAS SPREAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here in Sydney allowed to exercise but cannot sit in a park even if no-one else is there. Cannot walk on beaches as they are all closed. We can, however, go scuba diving as it has been classified as exercise. Only problem is the best shore dive has had the road to it closed back about 500 metres so would need to walk a long way and then the normal walk. Diving other spots instead.

Stay safe.

Here in Sydney allowed to exercise but cannot sit in a park even if no-one else is there. Cannot walk on beaches as they are all closed. We can, however, go scuba diving as it has been classified as exercise. Only problem is the best shore dive has had the road to it closed back about 500 metres so would need to walk a long way and then the normal walk. Diving other spots instead.

Stay safe.

We have similar problems here in Hawaii--all the crowded state and county park beaches are closed, but there are still a number of good places to get to the water.

Over here in our little town of Laguna Beach the news is reporting that we now have the highest per capita covid rate in California with 31 cases. I look across at Catalina Island and feel for you guys. Our beaches are closed too so no access to the ocean here. Good luck to everyone! Stay safe! :)

Did you ever think that example plays a part in what other people do. Uniformity in action is essential in combating the spread of this virus. The fact that you a whining about having to follow uniform rules, even though you might safely "get away" with ignoring them smacks of the worst kind of childish selfishness. Grow up.

So unnecessary to speak to Dr. Bill that way.

yeah, really. if you are practicing safe distance and not rubbing your junk up on everything, then go live your life. people need to be mature here unlike the bonehead morons on spring break and going to churches / religious services. and what about our pundits standing crammed around a podium slack jawed and mouth-breathing?

Let's set examples of intelligent practice instead of ranting against rationality.

But Dr Bill was going outside and avoiding people in a responsible manner, why not talk about his childish selfishness? And his need to grow up as well. </sarcasm>

(For the record, here in TX they are not letting, or at least strongly discouraging, people use any public parks equipment. swings, playset, etc. I assume the po-po weren't upset that Dr Bill was sitting outside. But they may have been told that the benches are equipment, and could therefore transfer the bug from surface contact. That would be my guess.)

But Dr Bill was going outside and avoiding people in a responsible manner, why not talk about his childish selfishness? And his need to grow up as well. </sarcasm>

(For the record, here in TX they are not letting, or at least strongly discouraging, people use any public parks equipment. swings, playset, etc. I assume the po-po weren't upset that Dr Bill was sitting outside. But they may have been told that the benches are equipment, and could therefore transfer the bug from surface contact. That would be my guess.)

They may not even have understood it themselves but orders are orders

Did you ever think that example plays a part in what other people do. Uniformity in action is essential in combating the spread of this virus. The fact that you a whining about having to follow uniform rules, even though you might safely "get away" with ignoring them smacks of the worst kind of childish selfishness. Grow up.

I am "whining" about the hypocrisy of letting people walk closely together for exercise but not allow someone to read when there is no one within 100 feet

But they may have been told that the benches are equipment, and could therefore transfer the bug from surface contact. That would be my guess.)

True, but this bench was tile and in direct sunlight, which caused it to get pretty hot. The heat should melt the fat layer around the virus.

Back
Top Bottom