New member from Northern Wisconsin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Titewad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all. Nice to be here. Started diving 34 years ago. Where does the time go? There used to be three local places to get air, now there are none. Nearest source is 85 miles in Wausau. The local fire department said they would fill my tanks but they have a different connection. Looks like a 3/4" female pipe thread. Anyone know of an adapter that would work?

Well I thought I was going to post a pic, but I'll have to figure out how to do that. Doesn't work like other forums.

Hello all. Nice to be here. Started diving 34 years ago. Where does the time go? There used to be three local places to get air, now there are none. Nearest source is 85 miles in Wausau. The local fire department said they would fill my tanks but they have a different connection. Looks like a 3/4" female pipe thread. Anyone know of an adapter that would work?

Well I thought I was going to post a pic, but I'll have to figure out how to do that. Doesn't work like other forums.
They can unscrew the SCBA connector and put a standard yoke or DIN fill connector on. You would need to supply that. Remember, fire Dept fills to 6000psi these days, so set the regulator at 3000psi or stand there ready to close the valve at 3000psi.
SCBA to Scuba Adapter
If you can’t find one, let me know and I’ll send you one

While I'm searching for an adapter, here's what their connector looks like. It's a broken one they gave me.
P4030069.JPG

Divedoogie. I'm lucky I'm in the meet/greet section. Tried to do what I call a Personal Message and couldn't find a button to Send it. Yes I am interested in the SCBA to SCUBA adapter. Does this have a yoke on my tank and the input fits their SCBA?

Divedoogie. I'm lucky I'm in the meet/greet section. Tried to do what I call a Personal Message and couldn't find a button to Send it. Yes I am interested in the SCBA to SCUBA adapter. Does this have a yoke on my tank and the input fits their SCBA?
You attach the unit in your photo to the adapter using the brass handwheel, and then slip the yoke over your tank valve and tighten as you would tighten your 1st stage. Make sure regulator pressure on their delivery system is set at 3000 psi, and then fill slowly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom