For Sale Older style Freedom Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrltenn

Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure what series this is but it isn't the Contour and does not have the permanent rails. It has a small removable stabilizer at the bottom. It seems to able to accept a full STA but I've never actually checked.
$100 +shipping

IMG_1184.JPG IMG_1185.JPG

Is this a large/long FP?

If there is only 2 sizes then yes. I don't know haw many versions Eric offers. It's pretty much the same as my other FP and longer than my sons (his is the small version).

Thanks...I did not ask for me, just for the others out there wanting a FP. I only wish I needed another.

That kind of looks like a first generation plate, but if it is it’s been heavily modified. I never put holes in those plates and the second set of slots down from the top is a modification along with the lower inside set. The neck shape and the way it slopes as it widens looks a little off to me too. Does it have a serial number by any chance?
Can you post a better pic of the welded on bracket?

Looks like a Chinese knockoff to me. Just saying.

Thanks for weighing in Eric. I Don’t remember noticing a serial number. I’ll get some more pics up tomorrow. Couldn’t tell you any history on it. I bought it used off of someone here a while back. Whatever is modified was done before I got it.
If it turns out to be a Chinese knock off ill immediately toss it in the recycling so no one is killed trying to dive with it.

It does imply that Eric has found a market, if the Chinese are ready to copy him. Sorry Eric, they will undercut you. :)

Agreed for not trashing it. If it is structurally sound it'll still dive.

It does imply that Eric has found a market, if the Chinese are ready to copy him. Sorry Eric, they will undercut you. :)

Agreed for not trashing it. If it is structurally sound it'll still dive.
I’m not worried about it. The tooling and machinery to produce a contour would be too financially overwhelming to ever get any ROI. The market is so small for these. One thing they’re not is stupid, they must know how small the market is, and if the FP is even on their radar I’m sure they’ve examined it and realize all this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom