Historic Logos, Decals, and Patches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what I see:
View attachment 578119
How is that image posted?

This is the image i was trying to insert. Twig and berries?

nib-aqualung-conshelf-xiv-regulator_1_0521bb6c40786325b80cd9c6aa9c4559.jpg

Speaking of cool, how about posting a larger version of your Avatar (UPS or Underwater Photographic Society logo). I think I still have an ancient UPS sweatshirt... I doubt it fits quite as well as when I got it though. :)
10000127_640x640.jpg

I hope this is big enough.

US Navy Undersea Related Badges

I thought that some readers might find this interesting. See Wikipedia's Badges of the United States Navy for more information.

Diver
upload_2020-4-5_7-58-55.png

SEAL Special Warfare Operator (Trident )
United_States_Navy_Special_Warfare_insignia.png

SWCC (Special Warfare Combatant Craft Crewman), Basic, Senior, and Master
US_Navy_New_SWCC_Insignias.png

Deep Submergence
upload_2020-4-5_8-1-59.png

Submarine Warfare (Dolphins)
Navy_Submarine_Warfare_Insignia.png

Submarine Patrol
Navy_Submarine_Patrol_Insignia.png

Hopefully people with knowledge of other navies can post their insignia.

First, some GREAT memorabilia posted gents!

So, with nothing better to do this morning, here's a couple of assorted patches and a rare as hens teeth pin.
1) Pin made in a very short 'run' specifically for tech divers in the early 90s (and, seemingly, based on an 'amalgamation' of various items on USN pins).
2) International Wreck Divers Association patch circa 1990
3) International Association of Nitrox Divers patch from early 90's, aka Dick Rutkowski's days (before they changed name to International Association of Nitrox and Technical Divers circa 93/94)
4) The Explorers Club patch 1998 (still current today AFAIK)

1 Tech-diver-pin-early-90s.jpg
2 IWDA-patch-ca1990.jpg
3 IAND-patch-ca1993.jpg
4 TEC-patch.jpg

Attachments

• 1 Tech-diver-pin-early-90s.jpg
    1 Tech-diver-pin-early-90s.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 2 IWDA-patch-ca1990.jpg
    2 IWDA-patch-ca1990.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 3 IAND-patch-ca1993.jpg
    3 IAND-patch-ca1993.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 102
  • 4 TEC-patch.jpg
    4 TEC-patch.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 115
IMG_2163.JPG

Here's a bit of 1979 horse collar hyperbole, from the folks over at Seaquest . . .

ok, not really "historic" but...

nib-aqualung-conshelf-xiv-regulator_1_0521bb6c40786325b80cd9c6aa9c4559.jpg

Am I the only one who sees "that and those"?
My Wife pointed that out a couple years ago.... now I can't un-see it!

How did that Beatles song go; "It was almsot thirty years ago today, when BIlly taught the boys to play"? (Well not quite, it went "It was twenty years ago today, Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play", but I have taken some poetic license here.)

Capt. Billy Deans on (surface supplied o2) deco, Aquacorps Volume 3 (entitled 'Deep') cover, 1991. (And as we know, M2 is still at it, i.e. writing articles for GUE these daze, IIANM.)

This photo (and the magazine's content) rocked some peoples world!!!!!! Way to go Michael!

(Oh, and just in case some folks think I can't count, further below is the cover of the very first issue of AquaCorps, which was 30 years ago today - well, last month actually. Like it said "Call it High-Tech Diving". Oh boy, those were the daze!)

AquaCorps3.jpg

AquaCorps1.jpg

How did that Beatles song go; "It was almsot thirty years ago today, when BIlly taught the boys to play"? (Well not quite, it went "It was twenty years ago today, Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play", but I have taken some poetic license here.)

Capt. Billy Deans on (surface supplied o2) deco, Aquacorps Volume 3 (entitled 'Deep') cover, 1991. (And as we know, M2 is still at it, i.e. writing articles for GUE these daze, IIANM.)

This photo (and the magazine's content) rocked some peoples world!!!!!! Way to go Michael!

(Oh, and just in case some folks think I can't count, further below is the cover of the very first issue of AquaCorps, which was 30 years ago today - well, last month actually. Like it said "Call it High-Tech Diving". Oh boy, those were the daze!)

View attachment 579354

View attachment 579353

I just have to point out... they quoted Dylan and Castaneda... in '91. I might have gone to college with these guys.

I really want to thank everyone posting this history. As a newbie diver and denizen of the boards, this thread is always a thrill to scroll.

ok, not really "historic" but...
Am I the only one who sees "that and those"?

Well, these are mine... My fins!
2020-04-09 16.47.37.jpg
When my son saw them the first time, he pointed at the logo
2020-04-09 16.47.59.jpg

and said "oh, Dad... Really???"
I never noticed before, but now...

Here's is a logo off a T-shirt from the legendary Asian dive vessel MV Empress, owned / skippered (at the time, but no longer), by the also legendary Vidar Skoglie, that I was fortunate enough to have spent seven years (2002 - 2008 inc.) of my diving career diving off (plus a single expedition two years later, i.e. 2010). I once calculated that overall I spent one whole year of those seven years aboard Empress! Yes, as I have said elsewhere"Those were the daze'.

Anyway, logo has a hidden 'taking the piss' meaning; see it? After all, most of us were not 'spring chickens' and we tried not to take ourselves too seriously.

W-on-W-Logo.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom