Singapore Air flights cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I departed Manado on 3/25 there were no S1ngapore Air (S1lk Air) flights flying. I can tell you for sure I will never again fly S1ngapore Air and would urge those reading this to do the same.

That’s too bad. It’s one of the best airlines in the world in my experience and opinion. Both in actual product and service, overall. I suppose they’re all “evil” and this one is just less “evil” to me. I’d write off plenty of other airlines before them.

By the way, since singapore air operates and sells tickets in the US they are subject to DOT regulations about refunding your ticket if they cancel the flight. Let them know this. Then file a complaint if they don’t budge or a chargeback on your card.

@ChrisM Any chance you can take a voucher and use it as part of a future flight from the US to SE Asia? Or, if you can use it to pay for someone else’s ticket, that might help. Some vouchers don’t have to be used just for yourself so double check.

That’s too bad. It’s one of the best airlines in the world in my experience and opinion. Both in actual product and service, overall. I suppose they’re all “evil” and this one is just less “evil” to me. I’d write off plenty of other airlines before them.

By the way, since singapore air operates and sells tickets in the US they are subject to DOT regulations about refunding your ticket if they cancel the flight. Let them know this. Then file a complaint if they don’t budge or a chargeback on your card.

@ChrisM Any chance you can take a voucher and use it as part of a future flight from the US to SE Asia? Or, if you can use it to pay for someone else’s ticket, that might help. Some vouchers don’t have to be used just for yourself so double check.

Thanks for posting this. I have a flight on SA this October from Newark to Singapore nonstop. I certainly hope all this will be over by then but I keep reading of a possible flair up this fall. My ticket was issued from their US office so I would hope for a refund if the flight is canceled. Of course I don't mind a voucher if they would allow up to 24 months to use it. The 12 month voucher just doesn't work sometimes.

Thanks for posting this. I have a flight on SA this October from Newark to Singapore nonstop. I certainly hope all this will be over by then but I keep reading of a possible flair up this fall. My ticket was issued from their US office so I would hope for a refund if the flight is canceled. Of course I don't mind a voucher if they would allow up to 24 months to use it. The 12 month voucher just doesn't work sometimes.

Keep us posted. Some airlines have extended the vouchers to be valid for 2 years which would help. I know Delta and United have confirmed this for sure. Maybe others will follow! Good luck!

Hey, if any of you guys are interested in diving the Sea of Cortez, I just had a room for two open up for September of next year. (2021)

We will be on the Rocio Del Mar liveaboard. Just need to fly into Phoenix. Great chance to dive with sea lions and snorkel with whale sharks along with other great diving. We all share equally in the free spots and commission.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

They offered to extend the voucher 3 months - accdg to them it runs not from flight date but purchase date. Which seems like BS. Bought August 2019 so they offered to November 2019. Does me no good. My trip is rescheduled to May 2021, and they won’t be flying that route anyway.

they offered a re route but I would be flying United direct so sfo.- sin. I don’t want to be forced to go to Jakarta (and as noted they wouldn’t extend past November 2019)

but the thing that gets me is, even if my Sfo - sin flight was not canceled, I cannot legally enter Singapore to get on the sin - manado flight

I certainly would never use them again.

So according to this link they’ve now as of 4/2 canceled almost all SE Asia flights including the Sin - manado route. But the page still says entitled only to credit.

Covid-19: Singapore Airlines and SilkAir Flight Schedules for April 2020

I know the DOT has started coming down on the airlines and demanding that they refund for canceled flights instead of credits, and I imagine that would apply to SIA flights to or from the US, but not sure re travel to - from other countries

Just following up, after they canceled this route, i had the house bullddog - my wife, said lovingly - give it a try. On the phone for 20 minutes, full refund coming. I don't know how she does it.

Just following up, after they canceled this route, i had the house bullddog - my wife, said lovingly - give it a try. On the phone for 20 minutes, full refund coming. I don't know how she does it.

Wow! That's awesome! I'm so glad it worked out for you.

By chance, are you renting her negotiation services out? I could sure use her to work her magic for me... :D

She got a woman this time, I was talking to a guy, probably a bit of a difference. They did have notes that I had been told refund of taxes or credit but that I would think about it then call back. She did try to pitch the "we'll give a credit" or "we'll re route you" but my wife wasn't having it. She wasn't initially aware that the route had been canceled but went and checked the latest and when she did they agreed to refund. Have to say not exactly sure why as even if they cancel it's not their policy to refund

I listened to the whole conversation, it wasn't like she said anything magical, so no idea why it worked :p

Keep trying

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom