Filmmaker Rob Stewart's family files wrongful death lawsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is thrid an obscure legal term, or an example of someone not checking what they have typed

NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF THAT PORTION OF THE THRID AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE TO THE CLAIMS OF STEWART AND SOTI....

Is thrid an obscure legal term, or an example of someone not checking what they have typed

NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF THAT PORTION OF THE THRID AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE TO THE CLAIMS OF STEWART AND SOTI....
When you’re on the ropes and think maybe the other guy has a few more punches in him, you’ll say anything to stop getting punched....

Just a brief update on this case based on the public docket: since the last post in this thread, the plaintiff has amended her complaint, Horizon, Steele, Sotis, and Wilkerson have (separately) answered the amended complaint, and Revo and IANTD have (separately) moved to dismiss the amended complaint. From the docket, it looks like discovery is ongoing.

Wow. What a beatdown by REVO legal counsel! Quoting Freud, Shakespeare and THIS > "Fortunately, this case will be decided on facts, not adjectives, and a careful review of the evidence lays bare the misstatements, half-truths and misrepresentations that HORIZON uses to displace responsibility for its own behavior and deflect the Court’s attention from the genuine issues of disputed fact over who bears responsibility for STEWART’s death." Wow.

The Revo was not dove in a manner consistent with Revo's best practices... how is this anyone's fault but the diver and his instructor?

I’m glad I work for (and am represented by) rEvo’s lawyer.

I’m glad I work for (and am represented by) rEvo’s lawyer.
After reading that filing, it appears that you are well represented IMHO.
The Revo was not dove in a manner consistent with Revo's best practices... how is this anyone's fault but the diver and his instructor?
And it’s arguable that the actions taken during the recovery were such to cause reasonable doubt that any malfunction detected (and there weren’t any to my knowledge) were secondary to those recovery actions and not prior to the loss of life.

Any news on this case?

Any news on this case?

Go to

Broward County Case Number: CACE17005915
Court Type: Civil
Case Type: Neg - Negligence Other
Filing Date: 03/28/2017
Judge ID / Name: 02 Bowman, John B.​

Go to the search box and search on a participant, say sotis peter and read all you wish

Quick summary - some folks want out, some folks want their info protected, another round of amended complaint, more answers.

Paper and more paper

Lots of stuff to read if you are interested

Back
Top Bottom