Can I interchange 18650 batteries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all,
I have 2 BigBlue 18650 batteries that are 3.7v an 3400mAh. Can I Interchange them with Backscatter ones that are 3.6v and 3500 mAh?

Thanks

I have plenty of offbrand / burritoed batteries for almost everything. Though I try to keep the same brands together but when you need em you need em.

Hijacking your thread. Any favorite recommended chargers for 18650's batts to charge 2's, 4's 6's sets of backups

Hello all,
I have 2 BigBlue 18650 batteries that are 3.7v an 3400mAh. Can I Interchange them with Backscatter ones that are 3.6v and 3500 mAh?

Thanks
it depends on the intended usage - some batteries are rated to 2A-4A continuous discharge (usual torches, "focus lights"), some rated to 10+A continuous discharge (high power torches, video lights), etc.
if you plan to use them in the usual torch then you can safely interchange them. but you should use same model batteries if torch uses more than 1 battery.

A chain is equal to the weakest link.

N

Back
Top Bottom