So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Working from home past three weeks, so spent lunch times and a rainy weekend 3D CAD modelling my Kraken DH... still needs some tweaking.
Yeah I need to go for a walk in the sunshine instead, but even that has been curtailed :D

Kraken Complete ASSY Test 26 Web.jpg

I haven't ran out of things to do yet, having little ones helps with that. Bonfires, hikes, Uno cards, etc.

The projects below are related to scuba and both new to me. I finally got around to rebuilding my Deep 6 reg after taking the class in February. What a rewarding experience to get everything back together and set it and it works.

kq2kQJP.jpg

az2ccPe.jpg

I also glued a dry glove system onto my drysuit last week. This was my second attempt but I feel like it went much smoother this time. I'll know Sunday when I dive.

W94tIb7.jpg

I3dzyWA.jpg

Just for reference this is what they looked like before;

rkGn68Z.jpg

Good work, @rob.mwpropane! :D

One of my scuba clubs (Washington Area Scuba Club) normally has a happy hour on the 1st Thursday of every month. We couldn't do that last night, so we had a virtual happy hour instead. We setup a Zoom meeting and had15 or so members all get together online for about an hour and a half. It was my first time using Zoom. I was really impressed. The software worked really well. The meeting went really well. Beforehand, I was worried about issues like some people being a lot louder than others, people talking over each other and making it really hard to hear what any one person was saying, people with open mics and background noise making it hard for everyone to hear anything, etc.. There was really pretty much none of that. It was about as close to simply being in the same room, around one big table, as I can imagine an online meeting to be. One of my co-organizers put together a loose agenda. He did most of the talking for the first part, but once that was done, it was simply an open discussion. It was really nice to see and chat with so many of my scuba friends that I usually only see once a month.

After that, I disassembled my CCR. I'm mailing off the wing to Dive Rite for a repair and mailing off the main unit for its 10 year service. I guess I'll be strictly open circuit for my next few weeks of bathtub diving... LOL

Good work, @rob.mwpropane! :D

One of my scuba clubs (Washington Area Scuba Club) normally has a happy hour on the 1st Thursday of every month. We couldn't do that last night, so we had a virtual happy hour instead. We setup a Zoom meeting and had15 or so members all get together online for about an hour and a half. It was my first time using Zoom. I was really impressed. The software worked really well. The meeting went really well. Beforehand, I was worried about issues like some people being a lot louder than others, people talking over each other and making it really hard to hear what any one person was saying, people with open mics and background noise making it hard for everyone to hear anything, etc.. There was really pretty much none of that. It was about as close to simply being in the same room, around one big table, as I can imagine an online meeting to be. One of my co-organizers put together a loose agenda. He did most of the talking for the first part, but once that was done, it was simply an open discussion. It was really nice to see and chat with so many of my scuba friends that I usually only see once a month.

After that, I disassembled my CCR. I'm mailing off the wing to Dive Rite for a repair and mailing off the main unit for its 10 year service. I guess I'll be strictly open circuit for my next few weeks of bathtub diving... LOL

Thanks @stuartv!

We've been using Zoom a lot as well, almost nightly for 2 weeks. I'm grateful for something being out that can connect friends and family, but it does have it's fair share of bugs. Nothing debilitating, just annoying.

We've been using Zoom a lot as well, almost nightly for 2 weeks. I'm grateful for something being out that can connect friends and family, but it does have it's fair share of bugs. Nothing debilitating, just annoying.

We've used skype, google, webex, you name it, over the years. So far for a group video call zoom's been the least buggy.

But we haven't had a zoom meeting randomly pr0n-bombed yet, I expect that could be a mind-changer.

We've used skype, google, webex, you name it, over the years. So far for a group video call zoom's been the least buggy.

But we haven't had a zoom meeting randomly pr0n-bombed yet, I expect that could be a mind-changer.

I dunno, I like gotomeeting with webex #2, Zoom Pro I'm being moved to but it hasn't exactly wow'd me yet.

It hasn't exactly fallen apart. It's just sometimes I can't get full screen to work as it should, the chat window hasn't been consistent. I feel like it's a great base, it needs a few more features. It's good, just not consistent all the time.

Hey listen, in the grand scheme of things I'm grateful to have it....hell I'm grateful to be going through the pandemic of 2020 as opposed to the pandemic of 1918, WWI, WWII, the holocaust...you name it. I'll take zoom, netflix, internet, SB any day of the year compared to that stuff.

View attachment 577592
24x36 oil on canvas - untitled

I’ve finally had time to do some artwork and create some sea paintings. I’m working from past sketches and imagination since we’re not allowed to go cruising around willy nilly, so I can’t get out to the coast right now and paint on the spot.
With a strict shelter in place order bordering on a total lockdown here in Norcal, pretty much all my non essential work is on hold for at least another month. I went to the east bay last week a few days but went directly to the job, which was isolated, and back to home base and made no stops. Starting this week though I feel like restrictions are even tighter and unless something is critical nobody has any business being out at all. Just being out there puts you and others at risk, car breakdown, possible traffic accident, etc. you never know what will happen so it’s prudent to minimize the risk.
I will also be able to buckle down in my shop and tool up the remaining plate flat stock I have laying around so when things start flowing again they will be ready.
After that the pencil and paint/canvas will come out and the imagination fired up drawing and painting my favorite place, the sea.
At least I have enough art materials laying around to last a year.

and you can paint, too? wow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom