http://www.diveheart.org/

Looking for Survey participants on Diver Travel Behavior for master thesis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nigma

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Guys!
my name is Nik and I am currently writing my master thesis in „Sustainable Tourism Management“.
In the course of my thesis I am investigating whether the decline of coral reefs has an impact on the travel behaviour of diving tourists.
I am in desparte need for more Divers worldwide and kinda running out of time. Unfortunatly Corona took most of the attention and my survey goes a little under.
So I hope to find a few friendly divers to participate and help a fellow Diver and Instructor out to achive his Masters with a representative result! :)
LamaPoll-Survey: Umfrage_Korallensterben_Reiseverhalten

Feel free to share the survey with diving friends!
Thank you!

Done, and good luck with your research!

Not sure if you can change anything on your survey at this point, but you should re-alphabetize your countries on the location question. They seem to be in 3 or 4 alphabetical chunks.

Done, and good luck with your research!

Not sure if you can change anything on your survey at this point, but you should re-alphabetize your countries on the location question. They seem to be in 3 or 4 alphabetical chunks.

Thank you first of all!
Unfortunatly this is a premade setup. I think they are arragend by continent. So I can't change anything. Only if I would completly rewrite the question. So I just stuck with it.

done

Done,

However, the questions were heavily loaded to support a point of view that divers make a major impact on the reef system. From survey work I’ve done over the years, cruise ships and local fishing practises create the biggest impact.

Done

Good luck

Done,

However, the questions were heavily loaded to support a point of view that divers make a major impact on the reef system. From survey work I’ve done over the years, cruise ships and local fishing practises create the biggest impact.

Thanks for the interest. Yes you are right. My intention with this survey is to link behavior to experience.

done. I expect to see results next time I dive.

Done, but I think the survey is skewed, the premise is divers and the transportation is the key, my opinion is the tourism industry and specifically cruise ships cause more damage than the diving community.

Many smaller islands (take Bonaire as an example) are simply overrun with tourists and the cruise ship passengers don't add enough value to the marine environment compared to their cost, yes I think they should be banned!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom