SSI nitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ahhhh now i see why they changed back to that system. makes sense. thx.

I believe the reason for the split, and the selection of EAN32 as the point of the split, is that for the "rec depth limit" of 130ft you are still below a PPO2 of 1.6ata. At higher O2 concentrations you exceed 1.6ata at less than the "max" depth.

this

Some people believe the earth is flat, some people believe that covid19 is overblown and a government conspiracy.

it actually is.

ZSD2nC2BWeAAnTzr7

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 189
What is the cost for the full nitrox course up to 40%? I’m with SSI but the price looks to vary between shops... kinda confusing.

Shops set the price, there's no one price, it will vary. Like any class. Or agency/instructor.

like damselfish said, shops set their own prices. it can vary wildly. be careful you understand what you are paying for before settling on a shop to do it with. some charge very little but all you do is the online work and then you come in and analyze a tank. boom. your done. some will do an academic session and go over dive planning in great detail. some even throw in a couple of dives so you can practice everything you learned in real world conditions under the guidance of an instructor.

I took the course. The card lets you buy NITROX for most banked mixes up to 40%. The 40% limitation is kinda, sorta imposed by the seller of the gases where 40% and below does not absolutely, positively have an O2 clean tank or regulator since it is banked. The physics of the dive with enriched air is still calculated (MOD, TAD and EAD) for PPO2 for the percentage. Don't sweat it... You will see the what I mean when you do the math.
WOW fed regs as I know do not agree with that. CFR's i believe says 23.5 as pressures above something like 50 or 150 psi when it comes to O2 cleaning requirements. Im not saying I agree what that but only that that is what is calls for. Its terrible that teh O2 clean stuff was originally at red lined at 60% by NASA but called 40% because of the introduction of RECREATIONAL USE OF NITROX which was limited to 40%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom