What do you drive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 3rd row stays down to hold plenty of gear, and gets 28mpg on the highway, and can pull the boat.

Attachments

• q7.jpg
    q7.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 61
I drive a VW Passat. Has great consumption. And is great for long distances.

Attachments

• IMG_20190928_171908.jpg
    IMG_20190928_171908.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 61
Considering where your profile says you're located.....That's funny right there!
I lived in Texas once upon a time. Didn't leave anything there so I have no reason to ever go back. lol

In my city we have a restriction on full-sized vehicles. It would take about 15-20 years for me to get a permit for one. Therefore I drive what most people here drive... a golf cart (the Dr. Bill Mobile)

Yamaha golf cart new 0912sms.jpg

Soccer Mom Van (2000 Honda Odyssey) with the right side second seat removed. Easy to load/unload equipment through the cargo door. With the equipment loaded there, the weight distribution is right on the CG. Also, very easy to sit down to don and doff the gear.

I just sold it :-( as it having too many issues I did not want to deal with: Air conditioner, amp drain, window and one cargo door not working. The engine was still going strong with no oil usage even after 250K miles though.

Soccer Mom Van (2000 Honda Odyssey) with the right side second seat removed. Easy to load/unload equipment through the cargo door. With the equipment loaded there, the weight distribution is right on the CG. Also, very easy to sit down to don and doff the gear.

I just sold it :-( as it having too many issues I did not want to deal with: Air conditioner, amp drain, window and one cargo door not working. The engine was still going strong with no oil usage even after 250K miles though.

Center of gravity is key! Was just debating telling a story about me being a dumb@ss in regards to loading...

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom