So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 87,395th game of hearts

Hearts four moons in a row.jpg

They came once to the house where I grew up in NY. Told them my uncle may be interested. He talked a blue streak, mostly jokes from the 1930s. THEY kept trying to get away from HIM.

When I lived in Vegas we would get visits from Mormons once a week. After my response was to grab the box full of the book the give you and say "Can we just skip to the step that you give me a copy of the book and leave?"

I am sitting by the mailbox waiting for my new Scubapro Hydros Pro to be delivered.

10-19 yo: playing video games in a dark room with Cheeto dust on fingers, questioning life choices.

50-59 yo: playing video games in a dark room with clean fingers (sticky keys: yuck), questioning whether to save and go to sleep now or take another nightcap and another bunch of targets first.
lazyresponsible_17906e1ab264a01321360c9b44b757fd506e8e87.jpg

I certainly understand the sentiment, but where I live "if Walmart doesn't have it, you don't need it." The "going elsewhere" idea has already "left the barn." That said our nearest Walmart and the folks working there are doing an admirable job of keeping the shelves stocked and the floors mopped. While certainly not the best over all economic situation (I miss Mom & Pops on occasion) I currently prefer to think of those folks as heroes and applaud their efforts as I realize how screwed our community would be without them doing their jobs. :clapping:
I don’t like Walmart’s business model one bit. First off, it’s nothing more that an outlet store for China to dump cheap goods onto the American economy. They come into a small town and put all the other places out of business with cheap prices. When all the employees of the other business are out of work including the former store owners they offer them all jobs for poverty wages. When it all catches up and the town grinds down economically because of a low wage bottleneck, they decide the store isn’t profitable enough and they shut it down leaving the town in ruin.
I also believe that much of the merchandise they carry is not first run stuff, I think it’s seconds and inferior crap.
Their business model is not sustainable long term.
To me it’s a store that thrives on poverty, and that in itself is disgusting.

I don’t like Walmart’s business model one bit. First off, it’s nothing more that an outlet store for China to dump cheap goods onto the American economy. They come into a small town and put all the other places out of business with cheap prices. When all the employees of the other business are out of work including the former store owners they offer them all jobs for poverty wages. When it all catches up and the town grinds down economically because of a low wage bottleneck, they decide the store isn’t profitable enough and they shut it down leaving the town in ruin.
I also believe that much of the merchandise they carry is not first run stuff, I think it’s seconds and inferior crap.

I agree with the essence of what you said. The question is: Did Walmart ruin the town? Or did the people of the town ruin it for themselves?

If people buy from Leisure Pro and their LDS goes out of business, is that Leisure Pro's fault?

People would rather support China with a dime than support their neighbor with a dollar. I have a hard time mustering a lot of sympathy for people shaking their fist at the heavens when they are faced with the inevitable results of their personal choices.

Don’t forget they raise prices once the competition is destroyed. Before Wally World you had to wait for the county fair to see all of the freaks now you can see them anytime at the walmart, a special treat is going after 9pm.

They came once to the house where I grew up in NY. Told them my uncle may be interested. He talked a blue streak, mostly jokes from the 1930s. THEY kept trying to get away from HIM.

I've a gay friend who claims he loves being visited by nice clean-cut mormon boy couples. To which usually someone else responds "jpeg or it didn't happen", and our friend changes the subject.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom