Sony RX100 model/version differences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jf3193

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good evening gang. I am in the market for a new compact, and was really impressed with the RX100 series. However, when i shop, i see everything from a V2 to a V7. Can someone tell me if there what significant differences there are between models? I assume each model is an improvement of there last, but what differences are they really? (if i was to buy a 3 vs. a 7 for example, what differences am i looking at, and so on...)

Any help to a newer photograph would be appreciated.

I think the most significant feature of the latest models is the change of zoom range. M6&7 have 24-200mm lens, while the previous ones are 24-70mm M3-M5, aldough faster (better).

Another consideration is that the housing for older models does not have interchangeable port, simplifying your choices for the dive, while for the >M6 you need to purchase the short port if you plan to have some wide lenses attached.

If you are into macro photography, I highly recommend you the later models with 24-200mm. I shared some pics in another post taken with the M6 and CMC-2 diopter.

You're welcome! Which will you try to get?
Well, I’ve decided on a M4. I have it purchased it yet, but it looks to be a good mix of the newer tech and the lower ( used) price tag.
Are you happy with your M4?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom