So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just found an N95 mask in the basement and I'm going to wear it.

Re: masks

I was at Walmart today (out for the first time in a week) and an old guy was wearing a mask, but it was only covering his mouth. Nose was just hangin' out. :facepalm:
I was in Sobeys (supermarket chain) and a customer was wearing a mask over his mouth, no gloves. His female companion had gloves & no mask. Then I was told I was too close to the next person in line at the checkout (they hadn't put down the "footprints" where you must stand yet). This was just after coming out of the men's room and an employee -- in a big rush-- almost bumped into me face to face. Some people just don't get it yet.

I must say, the social distancing and associated germ phobia paranoia has magically made the Jehovahs and Mormons go away and stop knocking on my door.
If you get an email titled 'ding dong', don't open it. It's from the Jehovah's Witnesses;

They're working from home.

I agree. It’s hard to know when work starts and stops. I’m also finding my coworkers are working a bit later which drags out my day too

I've been working full/partial WFH for 16 years now this May. Spent the first 8 years full time WFH, but had a structured schedule (hourly) so you clocked in/out exactly on time and ran away quickly. After that got promoted and I went to 3 days a week WFH. The 2 days in the office meant wandering around/talking to people/etc. with only 3 days at home which the hours crept upwards on.

I've been grinding out 10+ hour days since work from home kicked back in full time. The weather isn't helping at all. Soon as it warms up it'll 180 with boat work to be done. :)

Re: masks

I was at Walmart today (out for the first time in a week) and an old guy was wearing a mask, but it was only covering his mouth. Nose was just hangin' out. :facepalm:
I wouldn’t go in to Walmart right now even if they gave me the stuff for free. Walmart’s the grossest place I can think of.
Even during normal times whenever I go to Walmart it makes me want to take a shower as soon as I’m out of there.

I would go in to Walmart right now even if they gave me the stuff for free.

I certainly understand the sentiment, but where I live "if Walmart doesn't have it, you don't need it." The "going elsewhere" idea has already "left the barn." That said our nearest Walmart and the folks working there are doing an admirable job of keeping the shelves stocked and the floors mopped. While certainly not the best over all economic situation (I miss Mom & Pops on occasion) I currently prefer to think of those folks as heroes and applaud their efforts as I realize how screwed our community would be without them doing their jobs. :clapping:

I would go in to Walmart right now even if they gave me the stuff for free. Walmart’s the grossest place I can think of.
Even during normal times whenever I go to Walmart it makes me want to take a shower as soon as I’m out of there.

Are you a germaphobe under normal circumstances?

This is a nice, very clean Walmart in a nice suburban area.

10-19 yo: playing video games in a dark room with Cheeto dust on fingers, questioning life choices.

50-59 yo: playing video games in a dark room with clean fingers (sticky keys: yuck), questioning whether to save and go to sleep now or take another nightcap and another bunch of targets first.

If you get an email titled 'ding dong', don't open it. It's from the Jehovah's Witnesses;

They're working from home.
They came once to the house where I grew up in NY. Told them my uncle may be interested. He talked a blue streak, mostly jokes from the 1930s. THEY kept trying to get away from HIM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom