Singapore Air flights cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rumbling and rumors of Manado airport shutdown have prompted me to book a one way from Manado to Seattle via Jakarta/Narita tomorrow 03/25. Checking my email for confirmation I stumbled upon a terse message from Singapore air cancelling my original reservation and wishing me luck. I hate to leave 10 days early, but I guess that’s better than maybe two months late.

Rumbling and rumors of Manado airport shutdown have prompted me to book a one way from Manado to Seattle via Jakarta/Narita tomorrow 03/25. Checking my email for confirmation I stumbled upon a terse message from Singapore air cancelling my original reservation and wishing me luck. I hate to leave 10 days early, but I guess that’s better than maybe two months late.

You are still in Manado, dang! Hopefully you get a chance to go home soon & quarantine yourself once at home.

You are still in Manado, dang! Hopefully you get a chance to go home soon & quarantine yourself once at home.
Been on Bangka Island. Safe as Milk.

Yes, I made it home and it's like "out of the frying pan into the fire". What a mess. The Corona Virus was an intellectual exercise from the beach on Bangka. At home it is a survival strategy
I called Singapore Air yesterday and asked for a refund for the unused portion of my ticket on the flights THEY cancelled. The lady said I shouldn't expect full value on the return section. Huh? I also got burned by B**king.com on a refundable hotel reservation in Singapore that mysteriously morphed into non-refundable in the confirmation e-mail.

I was very happy with the service provided by ANA on my replacement return flight.

Yes, I made it home and it's like "out of the frying pan into the fire". What a mess. The Corona Virus was an intellectual exercise from the beach on Bangka. At home it is a survival strategy
I called Singapore Air yesterday and asked for a refund for the unused portion of my ticket on the flights THEY cancelled. The lady said I shouldn't expect full value on the return section. Huh? I also got burned by B**king.com on a refundable hotel reservation in Singapore that mysteriously morphed into non-refundable in the confirmation e-mail.

I was very happy with the service provided by ANA on my replacement return flight.

Don't give up. Did you use your credit card for your original Singapore flight and/or Airbnb?

Don't give up. Did you use your credit card for your original Singapore flight and/or Airbnb?

I am currently negotiating with Singapore air for a full refund for my internal domestic. Amazingly they are still flying Singapore - manado. But I cannot even enter Singapore to get on the flight,even if my United SFO - SIN wasn’t canceled and I can get there

Initial response was refund of taxes only. Went up to a supervisor and explained the above. They offered to extend the year’s credit (booked aug 2019) 3 months to November. I said that’s useless to me, we’ve rebooked our trip to May 2021, and silk won’t be flying that route after may 2020 so a credit it useless to us. They also said they’d reroute thru different airports but we’re going to fly thru SIN in 2021 so that’s of no help

After 2.5 hours on the phone they are running it up the flagpole to see if they can authorize a refund. I get that under the fare rules, were not technically entitled to a refund. But under these circumstances, where (1) our flight to SIN was canceled (2) even if it wasn’t we went even allowed to go into Singapore to catch the flight and (3) they are not going to even fly this route when they start up again, hopefully an exception can be made.

We’ll see

Well that didn’t work

Call your credit card company.

Tell this on Twitter too

When I departed Manado on 3/25 there were no S1ngapore Air (S1lk Air) flights flying. I can tell you for sure I will never again fly S1ngapore Air and would urge those reading this to do the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom